Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet Peeve Thread

Big Weirdo

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people are late. I especially hate it when they hold me up so I am late getting somewhere. I hate being late, no matter where I am going.

I hate when people talk during movies in the movie theatre. I didn't pay to hear someones commentary, I paid for the movie.

i always switched the bleu cheese :puke: for ranch. they probably spit in it, but it was worth not having to eat toe jam. :laugh:

Good job, hell I might as well keep on course and say it as a pet peeve.....I can't stand getting bleu cheese with wings, GOTTA have the ranch

Well just remembered another pet peeve, it pertains to the site actually...

It drives me absolutely INSANE when I have to read from people about media bias, it's to the point to where it's almost unbearable, the whole world is not against the Redskins believe it or not lol

People who drive slow, sometimes UNDER the speed limit, in the passing lane.

People who slow down, almost stopping on the highway, just to look when there is an accident,(rubberneckers) and not a major accident, just a fender bender, even when it is on the other side of the highway. Grrr... :hammer:

When people promise to do something and keep putting it off and making new promises that they will do it by or on another specified date (as if this is the first time that you have asked them), and then continue to put it off and make more promises. And then if they actually do this thing, they act like they're doing you a big favor and act as if they hadn't originally promised to do it months ago.

Also when they volunteer or promise to do this and then never do and go about their business as if the subject had never even been brought up.

(FYI, I'm talking mainly about when people promise or volunteer to read a story, usually without my prompting or asking them, but this holds true in general, I guess)

Oh yeah, and Eagles fans taking over the NFL section of this message board :) (I don't mind a couple or so hanging out here, but lately it just seems overrun by them.)

People who slow down, almost stopping on the highway, just to look when there is an accident,(rubberneckers) and not a major accident, just a fender bender, even when it is on the other side of the highway. Grrr... :hammer:

That is an incredible annoyance, especially on the Beltway. I hate it when traffic is brought to a crawl because Mr. & Mrs. Iwannasee have slowed down to see what little damage was done in a fender bender on the freakin freeway! :doh: MOVE ALONG SLOWAZZ!!!

:cheers:

"I drive really slow

in the ultra-fast lane

while people behind me

are going insane..."

I know y'all know where that is from!

I share this pet peeve as well, but to share one from my job...

When I am driving an ambulance to a call and some woman driving in front of me won't move out of my way cuz they are applying their make-up, talking on their cell phone, and drinking their uber-large coffee all at once! At the biggest kick in the satchel....when they finally do move, they have the nerve to give me a dirty look or :finger: ! Good thing it wasn't you having the massive heart attack!

On the same note, when I get to and intersection and stop, even with all those flashy red lights and sireens going, people just keep on driving and stare straight at me as they drive by....not letting me through....

(Good thing I learned how to drive up in NOVA...some of these folks around here have never seen the road rage I can unleash!) :redpunch:

nah. Pargo's. it was THE joint when i was there. it's a chic-fil-a now. :laugh:

damn you. it's 1:10 in the morning, and you got me thinking about the buffalo chicken calzone from dp doughs!! :mad:

AW yeah! The turkey sandwich on the soft pretzel was the SHIZZLE! Always a good alternative to the Beanery.

My pet peeves:

Laundry

Laundry

Laundry

People who say "idear" instead of "idea" Where the hell did you get that R from?

Running out of beer/cigs when you just want 1 more of each.

Hangovers

The guy at the gym that is constantly asking for a spot. Hey, dick, either find a friend or use dumbells.

Sportswriters that hate sports/athletes.

And finally.....

the phrase "im just saying..." People will say the stupidest crap, and when you call them on it, they say "im just saying" like it makes it ok. Yeah, i know youre just saying......just saying some stupid ass ****.

AW yeah! The turkey sandwich on the soft pretzel was the SHIZZLE! Always a good alternative to the Beanery.

My pet peeves:

Laundry

Laundry

Laundry

People who say "idear" instead of "idea" Where the hell did you get that R from?

Running out of beer/cigs when you just want 1 more of each.

Hangovers

The guy at the gym that is constantly asking for a spot. Hey, dick, either find a friend or use dumbells.

Sportswriters that hate sports/athletes.

And finally.....

the phrase "im just saying..." People will say the stupidest crap, and when you call them on it, they say "im just saying" like it makes it ok. Yeah, i know youre just saying......just saying some stupid ass ****.

yeah, the turkey pretzel sandwich was mighty tasty. cajun chicken alfredo, mmmmmmmmm.

there is still a pargos in winchester.

i hate laundry too. thank god my wife doesn't make me share the load. no pun intended.

ok, that was bad. :laugh:

Slow drivers.

Slow walkers.

People who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

The sound of people eating, I can't stand it. It drives me crazy.

People who type "yawn" or use :yawnee: as a rebuttle on a message board. If you're so tired, get off the computer and go to bed.

Micro-managers.

Having to repeat myself several times.

People who pluralize people's names. For example: Your Brett Farves and Jerry Rices. There is only one of each, get it right.

Not getting a fresh, cold mug or glass with each beer at a bar.

People who won't get off to the side of the road if they are turning.

Being called Hey You. I don't respond at all to that.

People who mispronounce my name.

Slow drivers. It needed mentioned again.

Sap spewing trees near parking areas. I can't stand these damn trees - you KNOW that if you park near one you'll come out to find the goo on your paint and windshield. Requires special cleaning agents to remove and often still leaves a ring.

Bad directions. My favorite is when I'm told that the exit I need to take is before a certain exit. Unless you are lucky and get a summary sign telling you the next 3-4 exits, you're screwed.

****s that park a few inches from your car. Also when they park a good foot over the line effectively reserving the empty spot for a motorcycle.

Large groups of chatty teenagers in movie theaters. If it were legal to kick people in the back of the head for talking in a theater I wouldn't mind them half as much.

I could go on and on lol

Large groups of chatty teenagers in movie theaters. If it were legal to kick people in the back of the head for talking in a theater I wouldn't mind them half as much.

Hahaha, ive gotten an ovation for chasing a group of 4 teenagers out of a theater. Gangs of New York was playing and they were right behind my and my g/f at the time. They were talking and cell phones were ringing constantly. the whole theater was getting irritated but no one said anything. This went on for 20 g/d minutes until finally i turned around:

Me: Hey, excuse me, (gave him a sign to lean in so i could whisper something). Can you please do me a quick favor?

Idiot teen: Whats that?

SHUT THE **** UP!

My g/f was mortified, the whole theater applauded, and the kids got up and left, of course saying I was lucky they didnt kick my ass. Keep walking punks, you know the score.

God im tough :laugh:

I have 2.

1. Work related. I'm a Network Admin and the helpdesk techies always forward people on to me, even though I'm not doing direct customer support. Or they call me on the phone and say: "Joe is having a problem sending an email. Is the email down?" TEST IT AND FIND OUT! Grrrr... troubleshoot the problem! Its your job for goodness sakes! Drives me bananas.

2. The other is when people play monday morning QB and question the calls by the skins coaches as if they could do better. Let me elaborate, in itself this is fine, but its the tone of some of these folks when they do it, like NFL coaches are complete idiots or something. There's a reason they got SB rings and we don't.

• People biting their nails
  • Dragging your feet
  • Leaving the toilet seat up
  • Coming out of the bathroom and not washing your hands
  • Leaving water all over the bathroom floor (thank goodness I ws the only child)
  • Leaving your shoes, etc in the middle of the floor
  • Leaving dishes in the sink
  • Squeezing the toothpaste from the middle
  • Leaving the top off of the toothpaste
  • People getting in the car and turing the radio station
  • People asking for a ride but when you get there, they're not ready
  • People who talk during a movie or who tell the entire movie, knowing you havent seen it yet.
  • People stepping on my shoes
  • People borrowing things and not returning them
  • Breathing too loud
  • Chewing loud (smacking)
  • People calling my cell or house phone at 2 am in the morning and ask the infamous question "are you sleep?"
  • Smoking around me
  • People who get on the freeway and the speed limit is 65 or 70 and they drive 50
  • Popping gum
  • Yawing with your mouth open
  • Coughing with you mouth open
  • Sneezing and not covering up your nose
  • Spitting on the sidewalk (like no one else has to walk there)
  • (When I ws an undergrad) Coming to class late (not that it mattered that you were late) but making tons of noise with your keys and cell phones ringing
  • EATING IN MY CAR
  • PLaying spades or dominoes with someone who cant play

It used to really bother me when customers would come up to counter at Blockbuster and still be talking on their cell phones. Frankly, I really didn't want to talk to most of them anyway, but it meant they had to do everything in the transaction one-handed, and if I did need to ask a question, I was playing second banana to whatever ditz was on the other end of the line.

I guess people who are addicted to their cell phones in general bother me.

Anyone who brings up Madden, Madden player ratings, Madden playbooks, Madden ANYTHING... in discussions about football (a.k.a. reality)

Dude. Did you know your Madden rating as a poster is an 81? A tad low, IMO. ;)

Archived