Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

good article in the usa today

redskinss

Some good info in the article. Thought this quote from Gibbs was very interesting about the playcalling:

"I had great enthusiasm for that, and I'll probably miss it," Gibbs says. "But at the very end of our first year, I had kind of turned some of that over to (offensive coordinator) Don (Breaux) and (offensive assistant) Jack (Burns) anyway.

Regarding play-calling, we've been telling you guys for half-a-year that Jack Burns was the primary playcaller for most of the season. Having Saunders doing that job now is simply a testament to Gibbs never-ending quest to get the best people doing the job thats needed in order to win.

THIS is why JJG is a HOF coach. :notworthy

"To be truthful, I've got so much going on, it would have really been tough. For instance, these last three weeks, the (offensive coaches) would have been sitting in the meeting room, waiting on me. Having Al, he's gone right on with the offensive part of things. I'll get caught up later, but I've been working three straight weeks on free agency."

"Because he has concentrated on the free agent market, Gibbs hasn't been in Saunders' offensive meetings yet. But he looks forward to that day and the inevitable give-and-take that will ensue.

"Al is so organized it would be hard for me to argue with him about anything," Gibbs says. "But I'm sure there are going to be some knock-down drag-outs down the road.""

Gibbs is the man. Identify the talent and let them do their thing.

Regarding play-calling, we've been telling you guys for half-a-year that Jack Burns was the primary playcaller for most of the season. Having Saunders doing that job now is simply a testament to Gibbs never-ending quest to get the best people doing the job thats needed in order to win.

THIS is why JJG is a HOF coach. :notworthy

Agreed.

You know, it's funny (and kind of sad). I am absolutely amazed. - This article just tells it like it is without any little digs or jabs at anyone. The fact that this writer is one of the few I've seen that didn't forget to mention that Gibbs didn't go after Saunders out of desparation, but because he was available and Gibbs will do anything to make this team sucsessful, and pride isn't a factor in his decisions.

i think that we need to give danny snyder some credit as well. he has bankrolled joe gibbs, and is counting on him to use his money to bring glory back to the redskin nation. i am so happy to see the resurgence of the skins, and i will have to get my sunday ticket again to watch the upcoming season.

Archived