Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Either this board is filled with geniuses, or our coaching staff listens...

thesubmittedone

Hey everyone... I hardly start new threads, but I feel the need to share something I view as pretty friggin interesting with all of you.

Ever get the feeling our coaching staff listens to us rant here on the discussion boards? I mean, think about it. First, we address the WR issue we all thought was the most important thing to address. Then the second thing we all thought was important, judging by the threads here, the Defensive End issue. Now, Gibbs is saying up next for some Redskin focusing are the Offensive Line depth issues. Some dude just the other day was talking about how important he felt that was, even putting forth the argument that it was more important than our WR issues setting up quite a debate.

Wow. I can't believe it is all happening exactly as we wanted it to. To me, this proves we got a coaching staff that finally gets it. They're addressing each and every issue perfectly; in order of importance. It's amazing how competent they are under Gibbs. It's a fans dream!

Hey everyone... I hardly start new threads, but I feel the need to share something I view as pretty friggin interesting with all of you.

Ever get the feeling our coaching staff listens to us rant here on the discussion boards? I mean, think about it. First, we address the WR issue we all thought was the most important thing to address. Then the second thing we all thought was important, judging by the threads here, the Defensive End issue. Now, Gibbs is saying up next for some Redskin focusing are the Offensive Line depth issues. Some dude just the other day was talking about how important he felt that was, even putting forth the argument that it was more important than our WR issues setting up quite a debate.

Wow. I can't believe it is all happening exactly as we wanted it to. To me, this proves we got a coaching staff that finally gets it. They're addressing each and every issue perfectly; in order of importance. It's amazing how competent they are under Gibbs. It's a fans dream!

Yeah the coaches arent listening to the fans for advice, if they were half the time this offseason leading up to the CBA discussions, half the time they would have been contemplating trading Ramsey and a 4th for Manning.

I think we have a few people here that are good at pointing out what the sensable move would be and since Gibbs has always operated on common sense for the most part, he is making them look good :)

They better address corner or were in trouble......

Well, to be fair, Gibbs said early in the offseason that WR would be our #1 priority in free agency, and we've been pining for a better D-line since, well, since Steve-O.

All you have to remember is that Redskins fans are the smartest, most dedicated fans in all of the NFL. Plus, Snyder's a marketing genius, so I'm sure he goes a little bit harder after the players that both Gibbs and the fans want more-so than a guy that only Gibbs wants.

I have always been of the belief that knowledgeable fans can identify a team's deficiencies.

Where the professionals separate themselves is in HOW they address those deficiencies and build a Super Bowl contender :)

It is one thing to scream for wide receivers when Coles and Gardner were unproductive down the field for 16 games.

It is another to pick the right player, Santana Moss, and then have the balls to make the deal and suffer the cap hit and media criticism to acquire him.

If our coaching staff listened to us, I'd be scared for this team. If our coaches listened to us, we'd now have Kellen Winslow, Udeze, TO, Ray Lewis, Champ, Jamal Lewis, etc., in our starting lineups. No thank you.

I trust Gibbs and Gibbs only. All our banter back and forth is nothing more than speculation. Every once in a while, posters will get lucky and tout their claivoyance, but let's make one thing clear.........there were no message boards when Gibbs won three Lombardis.

If our coaching staff listened to us, I'd be scared for this team. If our coaches listened to us, we'd now have Kellen Winslow, Udeze, TO, Ray Lewis, Champ, Jamal Lewis, etc., in our starting lineups. No thank you.

I trust Gibbs and Gibbs only. All our banter back and forth is nothing more than speculation. Every once in a while, posters will get lucky and tout their claivoyance, but let's make one thing clear.........there were no message boards when Gibbs won three Lombardis.

Dude, that sounds like a pretty sweet lineup...

Maybe the crap we spout on about is so friggin obvious not even the dumbest of fans could miss it?

Most intelligent comment yet. I doubt VERY seriously any of the coaches have time to check this board for advice. Maybe for a laugh or two....

Put me in that class. I'm Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs with a dash of Vince Lombardi all rolled into one.

Gibbs realizes that teams with too many egos don't often achieve their goals.

The best teams are ones with the star players who are in turn surrounded by the 110% effort guys that come to play each week and are willing to accept their roles.

We didn't have enough of EITHER type of player before Gibbs came back.

We had wannabe stars like Arrington and Jeremiah Trotter, Laveranues Coles and Rod Gardner, etc.

In other words players that came off as a big deal off the field but disappointed on it.

Most of us Skins fans know our team well. So well in fact, that we know our strengths and weaknesses. DE and WR were obvious. SS was obvious to some, not that obvious to others (still isn't). We all realize that at least one starting lineman has been injured every year, and that has directly coorelated w/ our offense sputtering, meaning we need depth there. The coaches know these things before we do, and address them right away b/c they are the best in the business. As far as what to do next, that is up in the air. Some people think we should draft a nickel/future starter CB, some think we should find the answer in free agency. Same goes for LB and DE. Our coaches are all geniuses, they don't need to listen to us, as they already know what they are doing. The fact the coaches are doing what most of us want them to, shows just how smart us Skins fans are. That's why we are regarded by many as the smartest fan base in the NFL.

yes yes yes .... the corners are a severe problem that needs to be addressed. i dont think that JOE is listening to this chat board.... in fact i doubt that he has even been here besides any interviews or conversations that he might have been scheduled for. i think more than likely, it is a case where we as informed football enthusiasts we recognize our weaknesses and have hypothesized solutions. they just happen to be the same strategy that the team is taking. but it is good to know that we think just a little bit like "the man"

Guest amaprius

And this would be bad, why?

TO or Patten?.....Hmmmmmmm..........

Ray Lewis or Lavar?....Hmmmmmm......

Champ or Walt Harris?....Hmmmmm.....

Winslow or Royal?.....Hmmmmmmm.....

Geez....I cant choose which would be better.....Hmmmmmmm....

Can someone help me?

"Ever get the feeling our coaching staff listens to us rant here on the discussion boards? "

Well considering that I've seen every possible scenario discussed here besides the Flat Earth one, I don't know that it means a whole lot. I would hope they have better things to do.

All I'm saying is that it's amazing how the needs are actually being addressed! Thats the main point I'm trying to get across. lol... I understand the circle of information stuff, and how any idiot can see what we need, but, goodness... it actually is happening that way.

You guys GOT to know how frustrating its been for the last how many years. We've been clamoring about certain things only to have our coaches do the complete opposite. It seems like we are all on the same page here. Thats amazing to me.

If you guys read the whole post, you would've realized thats the main thing I was trying to point out. How competent our coaching staff is. The subject for the topic was an attention grabber, but thats about it. :cool:

To the guy who said we'd have Ray Lewis, T.O., etc... on our team if they were listening, well, I certainly wouldn't think so. Everytime anyone makes a thread about getting those big names on our team there's a herd of discussion board redskinites ready to unload a sh*t storm on 'em.

Oh, and one more thing... nickel corner back is also being addressed along with the o-line depth!!! Check the main page out! I'm tellin ya, it's amazing. :laugh:

Yea funny thing is....I wanted Brandon Lloyd a few months back and posted like 30 messages saying lets get brandon lloyd. While its nearly impossible to get him cuase wed have to get him RFA or trade for some wide reciever that nobody knows about. But we found out about him somhow, then traded for him.

Some of us understand that frustration thing, you might want to consider that some of us have rootin' the Skins on since before JG1......... time affects perspective. Having said that, I don't think anyone is unhappy with the offseason so far, no Skins fans anyway.....

Yea funny thing is....I wanted Brandon Lloyd a few months back and posted like 30 messages saying lets get brandon lloyd. While its nearly impossible to get him cuase wed have to get him RFA or trade for some wide reciever that nobody knows about. But we found out about him somhow, then traded for him.

I honestly do remember your threads on it. Seriously.

or maybe... everyone on this board listens to the media, who get their information from the redskins themselves. It is just a big, huge, circle of information.

I think a more appropriate statement would be most of the fans on this board hate the mediots. Not to mention the fact that there are members on this board more knowledgeable than the mediots. They could probably break some news or seem like geniuses themselves by reporting some of the things posted on this board. ES is where I get my biased Redskin news. :D

Archived