Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Eagles Rumor......LOL!

Number5

On Channel 6 Action News, reporter Gary Papa (yes that is his last name) reports that the Eagles are going to try and trade a pick or player for Hakim of NO or Nate Burleson of the Vikings. There is much interest and that more will be known tommorrow.

Well, seems like the Birds are trying to get everyones WRs now......I guess they'll be calling Sydner soon for David Patten as well........ :doh:

Also Adam Schefter said on NFL Network that the Eagles have sincere interest now in signing Lavar. I guess that little speech Trotter gave the other night ignited the fire under Andy's butt to go and get a OLB......

I really hope they get Hakim and not Burleson.

totally, if the vikings dont put up to keep Burle they effectively are giving up on their passing game. He is definately their best reciever, and their only hope at a passing attack. Hakim would be an upgrade for philly over their entire recieving core, but nothing to worry about.

I really hope they get Hakim and not Burleson.

Hakim is a dangerous PR who is fairly good in the slot, but I'd take Nate simply because two years ago in the playoffs, he was the only player on their team who showed up against us. He showed courage and was able to get deep on Lito. The only two guys who I have seen be able to do that are Glenn and Santana........

Hakim is a dangerous PR who is fairly good in the slot, but I'd take Nate simply because two years ago in the playoffs, he was the only player on their team who showed up against us. He showed courage and was able to get deep on Lito. The only two guys who I have seen be able to do that are Glenn and Santana........

Are you kidding? I got deep on Lito last year. :laugh:

Man I hope we don't trade for Hakim because it would make rockster happy plus he's a FA and we'd look pretty stupid trading for a FA. Nate on the other hand is an RFA and had a 1,000 yd season in 04 so he would make some sense as a trade acquisition.

Give ya Taylor Jacobs for a 3rd:D

Hell I'd give em Patten, Jacobs and possibly even Thrash for a high pick this year and a mid rounder next year. As much as I like Patten, the playing time he's likely to get does not justify his contract money and a draft pick would do more for us anyway. Farris would do just fine as a #4 receiver, seeing limited action, and besides, we could just use Cooley as the #4 anyway. We even lined Portis up last year outside as well as Betts.

Both had better numbers than Randel El last year. Whoops!!

Randle El 35 rec, 558 yards, 1 TD

Hakin 34 rec, 489 yards, 2 TD's

Burleson 30 rec, 328 yards, 1 TD

-----------------------------------

Those are the numbers, you be the judge...looks like none of them are anything special.

Hell I'd give em Patten, Jacobs and possibly even Thrash for a high pick this year and a mid rounder next year. As much as I like Patten, the playing time he's likely to get does not justify his contract money and a draft pick would do more for us anyway. Farris would do just fine as a #4 receiver, seeing limited action, and besides, we could just use Cooley as the #4 anyway. We even lined Portis up last year outside as well as Betts.

Whoa...take it easy big guy...no need to be giving anybody to NFC East teams...let 'em fish in someone else's pond.

Looks to me like JG and the gang have decided that they want to invest strongly in proven free agents and very carefully in unproven rookies.

Those are the numbers, you be the judge...looks like none of them are anything special.

God, I really have to start looking this crap up before throwing it out there. :laugh:

You mean, WB made-up facts in an argument?? SHOCKER. :rolleyes:

I just did the quick math in my head. I thought, "Come on, what NFL WR didn't have 2 catches a game??"

Lewis, McMullen....damn that's half the Eagles WRs..... :doh:

Man, we need help! I'm ready to get in shape and try out. At least I'll fall in their type of receivers.....

Fast, good hands in practice, and cheap.....all they have to do is cover my child support and I'm in green :laugh:

Hakim had a better 05 than Burleson and has a better career, either way niether is much to worry about...Burleson proved he can't do much without a stong supporting cast last season.

True -- but Burleson had a 1000 yard season two years ago; something Hakim has never done. Also, Burleson is going into his 4th season...plenty of upside there. Hakim is going into his 9th season...he's nothing more than supporting cast. I think Nate could be a #1 in the right offense. McFlabb will get him the ball, that's for sure...

Oh god. Philadelphia is so desperate for a new WR that it seems like people are just throwing names out. Did you hear on WIP we might try and trade for Chris Chambers? I swear. I am not making that up. They actually reported that.

Yeah...Tra Thomas for Chris Chambers....we have a knack of raping them anyways, why not another?

Archived