Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Survivorman

More Complete

I didn't catch the one where he was out to sea... that would have been cool I think.

I don't ever plan to watch the show, but sometimes when I am flipping thru the channels I'll end up watching it. I think it's a pretty cool show. Guy definitely has skills. :2cents:

It's on the Science channel I think. On Friday nights but they also replay it at other times during the week. They only have like 10 episodes so far but in each episode they drop him off wherever (desert, montain, swamp) and he lives on his own for 7 days and films it himself. He has no film crew, just his own cameras. He has a leatherman and maybe one or two other things but finds food and water and starts fires on his own.

Check it out. . . http://www.survivorman.ca/

I love that damn show. He disappointed me in the open water episode - seriously whined like a little girl about how 'scary' it was, but otherwise, really cool TV. I wish they'd do a REAL 'Survivor' where the object isn't to out-devious your opponents, but literally, you get nothing but a few items. Last one to give up wins. No food, no water, nothing.

I might even try out for a show like that :)

Dood, I watch that show religiously. Was missing my DVR sorely for this past weekend as they had a marathon for "Survival Weekend."

Yes the show is sick and it will prolly get picked up by some major network and get ruined.

For those interested, it's on tonight at 10pm on the Science Channel. I've seen it before, it's a good one.

http://science.discovery.com/convergence/survivorman/survivorman.html

SCI — Survivorman

Mountain

Join Les Stroud as he's airdropped onto a snow-covered peak in the Canadian Rockies. He'll have to survive in the desolate environment for seven days using only his wits and a broken camcorder.

• 2 years later...
Man vs Wild is much, much better.

The guy on Survivorman ****es way too much.

Obviously he's not in the best of situations but I mean come on, if you hate it that much then get a different job!

No reason for Bear to ***** as he survives a Hawaiian ranch! Check it:

I refer to Man vs Wild as "climb everything in sight and eat nasty stuff". That's all that show is. Les is more of a survivalist.

Les would survive longer, I am certain of it.

Grylls uses his knife at every occasion, takes way too many risks, etc. Les is much smarter in the wild. He is a bit of a whiner, though.

Man vs Wild is much, much better.

The guy on Survivorman ****es way too much.

Obviously he's not in the best of situations but I mean come on, if you hate it that much then get a different job!

He's also completely alone. doing everything for himself. He doesn't a have anyone to interact with.

Bear makes it a point to entertain. He does a lot of stuff that he doesn't have to... like swimming thru a glacial lake or eating elephant turds. He knows he'll be spending the night in a hotel either way :)

I respect Les more but I think Bear has a better show.

Archived