Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need a decibel meter at FedEx

HOF44

With all the free agent signings we've had in the last week we should be strong next year. So I was thinking, how can we get even more of a home field advantage?

What if there was a decibel meter on the field that would show on a screen somewhere in the stadium? Doesn't even have to be the big screen, just a smaller one that reads out the db number.

It would be feedback for the fans. Alot of times last year we would be like was the dallas game louder or the philly game? With this we would know. That would be pretty cool.

Also with the instant feedback it would get the crowd into a frenzy trying to top previous db counts. I think it would be awsome.

The only thing I can think of against it is the NFL rules about noise. But I don't think they would apply because the team would not be making the noise. Just monitering it.

That would be awesome. Then we can put this loudest stadium in the league to rest...we all know FedEx is the loudest.

I wouldn't even care about that. I just think it would make the crowd always try to top itself. It would make playing on offense for visiting teams worse than it already is.

With all the money we bring in...there are a ton of ways we could make the stadium better and be more interactive with the fans without adding seats and having people sit on each others laps. I think both our visual, and audio could easily be improved and although I barely look at it...is it just me or do we have the worst out of town scoreboard of all time? I like the idea used last year of playing clips from the past right before games to get fans fired up.

To address your topic, I think a decible meter is a great idea and then we may offically be able to say what the 'loudest' game of the year is.

I wouldn't even care about that. I just think it would make the crowd always try to top itself. It would make playing on offense for visiting teams worse than it already is.

that's very true. Always trying to top yourself...cool.

DIGITAL JUMBOTRONS!!! This to me, and most fans I know, should be the major priority for FedEx. Next would be more Johns, though I know they tried to adress it last year, I was still waiting in line for 30 minutes. :(

New jumbotrons would be nice, but they would be several million. This would be only a few thousand and I think would really help pump the crowd. The jumbotrons are needed, but I think this could really have an effect on opposing offenses.

aint like we dont have the money

i agree: dig. jumbotrons, decible meter (on jumbo), and clips from the past

would be awesome. we already have the loudest, craziest fans.

imagine showing Taylors hits or dallas' scared receivers, or the famous Riggo run in SB 17!!!!!!!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

definately a great idea i hate hearing announcers on tv talk about how loud seattles stadium is and indy and doom type places when we have a completely open stadium i know when i went we were losing and playin cincinatti in 04 but everytime i wanted to say sumthin to my cousin or a fellow fan i had to practically scream it was crazy loud there i left there that night with NO voice lol it didnt come back till the next friday lol ok im done rambling cant wait to go to more this year this offseason has been amazing cant wait for the season go skins

Seattle isn't that loud...they've just always been a losing team so the media kind of jumped on the bandwagon of nice things to say about them..I was @ the playoff game and I have to say we had a GREAT showing there..I'm sure that wasn't represented on T.V but there were a ton of Redskins fans..I was definately not alone.

is it just me or do we have the worst out of town scoreboard of all time?

That's always been a petpeeve of mine as well, and i finally got an answer to why it sucks so bad.

I was at a cookout during the football season last year and was talking to the person in charge of doing the out of town score board and the down, yds to go timeous remaining, etc...

He said the reason that it isn't updated is because they have to manually enter in the teams and scores. It's not hooked up to some sort of computer. I was like are you effin serious, I paid 1,500 for a years worth of tickets, and so did 90k other people and they can't give you a raise or hire someone that will do that.

It makes perfect sense too, the only time there are constant updates was during the philly sunday night game. we wouldn't even get them if we were the 4 o clock game. Apparently the guy needed more than 3 hours to prepare the out of town updates

so, cheap hardward/software and pure laziness keep us redskins fans out of the nfl/fantasy loop all game long.:doh:

I have to disagree Seattle was very loud, i'm not sure if they were louder than fedex. There was a big difference between every game i went to at fedex this year, and the playoff game in seattle. it was a PLAYOFF game. They were very loud especially when you consider there were 30k less people at that game then every game at fedex.

I still think the loudest i heard fedex this year was when lavar got in the first time against san fran. It was already deafening, then he stepped on the field and raised his arms and it was like a wave hit my ears, I couldn't hear a thing.

I'd love to have new digital jumbotrons AND a decibel reader:applause::applause::applause:

haha, well it is a bit of a sore topic for me because ironically enough When I bought my Season Tickets for the first time (I'm fresh out of college) I decided I would shave some of my expenses, which included texting and internet on my little motorola. I thought to myself "Gee, I don't need this, I only got it so that I wouldn't miss out on the redskins info when I was forced to wait tables for the Sunday Brunch shift" and since i wasn't waiting tables and certainly wasn't going to miss any skins games i didn't think i'd miss it at all.

The 20 bucks i saved a month for that cost me a whole crapload more in mental anguish

I can't imagine that a decibel reader would be legal - whatever happened to the old days when teams could get penalized for the crowds being too loud? Obviously I'm glad that doesn't happen, but I still can't see them allowing/endorsing fans to be extra-loud.

I was actually surprised last season when they were saying "De-Fense" over the intercom system to get the fans to be louder at the Giants game. I mean, if the league allows a decibel meter and allows the announcers to create a unified, stadium-wide chant while the opposing team is on offense, then what's next? Letting the band play during drives or playing loud music over the intercom system?

They used to have decibel meters next to the scoreboards at the Capital Centre, back in the day. During Caps playoffs games, they'd get up to 115 or so... pretty awesome. They definitely motivated the crowd to get louder. I remember being a kid, pointing at them with my brother, and yelling our heads off, trying to get them higher.

I know for a fact they have a decible meter at the Seahawks Stadium, and I think it would be a great addition for FedEx. If the stadium was filled to max capacity (if that's even possible) there is no chance that any other stadium in the NFL could probably come close.

I can't imagine that a decibel reader would be legal - whatever happened to the old days when teams could get penalized for the crowds being too loud? Obviously I'm glad that doesn't happen, but I still can't see them allowing/endorsing fans to be extra-loud.

I was actually surprised last season when they were saying "De-Fense" over the intercom system to get the fans to be louder at the Giants game. I mean, if the league allows a decibel meter and allows the announcers to create a unified, stadium-wide chant while the opposing team is on offense, then what's next? Letting the band play during drives or playing loud music over the intercom system?

I think it would be legal. I think the league rules address PA noise and things playing over the PA to disturb the play.

the word is DeciBEL. i couldn't help that.

anyway...i think a decibel meter is great....the old capital centre had one. i don't know why the mci/verizon center or fedex don't have one.

i agree we may need new jumbotrons so our wideouts can do like randy moss and use it to guage deep passes without looking back for it and therefore giving us an advantage.

my FEDEDX wishlist: add 9 thousand seats somewhere so we'll have a hundred grand in attendance..lol.

RETRACTABLE ROOF! RETRACTABLE ROOF! RETRAC...

Archived