Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Duce Lutui

ChiefPowhatan17

So now that we have addressed our WR needs and our TE needs. And replaced our leaving Safety. We need to address two situations. Linebacker and Guard.

It seems to me that Bugel took interest in Duce Lutui out of USC. He is hands down one of the best guards in the draft. I usually don't want to get O-line man early in the draft cause I want to get young skilled position players. But, this year it seems that we have addressed the major issues. So now we have pick #53 looming. It could be a good shot to take that extra offensive guard that we need. What do SKINS fans think? We could always use #53 to get a Linebacker and then use our later picks to take some offensive beef.:logo:

I've never watched Lutui play...I have seen him ranked as a day 1 pick on most boards. Skins do need some O-line depth.

"I have always been one big boy. When I want to, I can eat. I'm trying to cut down, but I love my rice and those carbs."

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/taitusilutui.html

Remember that thread a few days ago about white players only being compared to white players? Well, I guess it goes for Pacific Islanders too. This guy compares him to, surprise, Fonoti of the Chargers.

Remember that thread a few days ago about white players only being compared to white players? Well, I guess it goes for Pacific Islanders too. This guy compares him to, surprise, Fonoti of the Chargers.

Didn't catch that. Funny though :D

i agree the drafting or free agency get of a guard is important. the team is reaching a level of solid composition by joe gibbs, and a few more additions will prove to be quite a season in the making. guard, tackle, linebacker left to fill.

Take Lutui with the second (doubt he will be there). If the Skins don't sign a veteran 3rd/nickel CB through FA, draft a cornerback with the second. The rest of the draft picks should be for CB/LB/OL/DL depth. I wouldn't be surprised though if a punter or kicker is drafted late.

After watching Larry michael's little piece on him at the combine i have to admit this is the first ive seen of him. I read around a little afterwards and im pretty sure that Fox Sports and CBS both had him going as a late first round, early 2nd round draft choice. I mean id be stoked if he landed here as he seemed really confident coming out of the interview room with Buges but i guess only time will tell.

Archived