Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latest Skins Hating From Len Tubass O'Jelly

The Sisko

First time posting but I read this board every day...

I heard this interview and there was a lot more to it...He basically said, to paraphrase "now we have two bad safeties who take bad angles" , that Dan Snyder is just "playing fantasy football" and was just generally defient and bitter when the host asked about the Skins...You could really tell that talking about the Skins really strikes a nerve in this guy and the "little message boards" quote was hillarious...

On a side note, all the fat jokes are funny but they make us lose some of our credibility....Maybe if we ease up on that we might be able to get Lenny on here for a debate...though I doubt he would really risk being embarrassed by people with a true knowledge of football....

HTTR

Guys...We all know why you are excited...but take a look at what Giants GM Ernie Accorsi had to say:

The Redskins, for instance, already have given three players - wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, defensive end Andre Carter and safety Adam Archuleta - more than $27 million in signing bonuses. If the Giants paid every penny on the contracts of the six players they officially signed yesterday, they wouldn't approach that number.

"We do what we think is best and try to make ourselves better," Accorsi said yesterday. "It's already been proven that [the star] approach doesn't work in football free agency. You win in this league by being good, not by being flashy."

And as much as you think it's "hating" Len has a point...Randel El is better off playing in the slot and Archuleta is a beast in the box but just fair (at best) in coverage.

It is his right to his opinion but it its the way he presents it and the bias in his reporting that is a problem...The guy just came off like a know it all smarta**

And didnt the Giants just sign over the hill, former probowler Sam Madison to a big 4 year contract??? How much money did they throw at free agents last year??? Ernie AccorsI....whats up with those comments from him???

Ask me if I care.

The team he put together got blown out at home in the first round of the playoffs.

Some job he did.

If I remember correctly the Giants were playing three practise squad players at their three LB positions..but regardless, one bad game does not make a season...

"Some job he did"

Accorsi turned the Giants around from 6-10 to the division champs over the course of one season

It is his right to his opinion but it its the way he presents it and the bias in his reporting that is a problem...The guy just came off like a know it all smarta**

And didnt the Giants just sign over the hill, former probowler Sam Madison to a big 4 year contract??? How much money did they throw at free agents last year??? Ernie AccorsI....whats up with those comments from him???

Don't have the specifics on the deal but the Madison deal but I believe it's near 4 years $9 million dollars...

The Giants signed players last year, but the people they signed i.e. A. Pierce weren't considered "stars"

Accorsi turned the Giants around from 6-10 to the division champs over the course of one season

I still think I'll take Joe Gibbs and his track record with a little more faith going into the future. Don't forget he also took a 6-10 team (one that was supposedly to go 4-12) into the second round of the playoffs.

Great first post Stevo. You're right, he did say those things. I'm so used to him saying dumb :pooh: like this that I just glossed over it. However, in reality I honestly thought his comments about some of the guys we've signed had a bit of merit. Of course, what we're all betting on (and our F.O.) is that Williams and Saunders will be able to figure out how best to maximize the talents of the guys we've signed and hide their weaknesses. Sorry but I'll put my $$$ on these two guys every time over some slob that wears his hatred for the Skins on his sleeve.

Additionally, I don't think he takes into account the fact that Lloyd has a history as a malcontent and needs a new contract. With the ARE signing and Patton still on the roster we have a good degree of leverage with him. Also, the risk that S. Taylor could be in a prison jumper next season made the Archuletta signing important for a scheme like Williams' that relies on DBs to make tackles/blitz.

Now these points are things I'd expect a real journalist to bring up to provide balance and to temper the outright vitriol he spewed in that interview. Without them it was just an anti Skins rant by some talentless hack...something we've come to expect from lardo.

Finally, his comments about S. Taylor were so ridiculous as to be funny. They showed he knows nothing about what Williams' scheme requires and how valuable Taylor is in that scheme...and this from a guy that probably rides Roy Williams' jock strap at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

Guys...We all know why you are excited...but take a look at what Giants GM Ernie Accorsi had to say:

The Redskins, for instance, already have given three players - wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, defensive end Andre Carter and safety Adam Archuleta - more than $27 million in signing bonuses. If the Giants paid every penny on the contracts of the six players they officially signed yesterday, they wouldn't approach that number.

"We do what we think is best and try to make ourselves better," Accorsi said yesterday. "It's already been proven that [the star] approach doesn't work in football free agency. You win in this league by being good, not by being flashy."

And as much as you think it's "hating" Len has a point...Randel El is better off playing in the slot and Archuleta is a beast in the box but just fair (at best) in coverage.

Who has said Lloyd or Randel El are 'stars'? They were signed to be the #2 and #3 WRs. Carter was signed because we didn't have a pass-rushing end last year. We had a some holes and we filled them. Isn't that what teams are supposed to try to do?

Maybe we spent a lot of money to do it, but so what? If we can afford it does that really matter when the players take the field?

I'm glad Accorsi is so pleased with his frugality, but he really has no room to talk considering the recent performances of our respective teams.

If I remember correctly the Giants were playing three practise squad players at their three LB positions..

Oh, were your LBs playing offense? I didn't realize.

but regardless, one bad game does not make a season...

It does in the playoffs. Maybe Accorsi should be worrying about that, seeing as he and his brilliant FO hired a coach with a 4-5 playoff record, while that dufus Snyder hired a guy who's 17-6 in the postseason. At the end of the season THAT was a far more important decision than how many bonus dollars some free safety is getting.

Are we the flea that irritates that hound, some people just need to shut up and say nothing......hang on....when he says something it is still nothing.....anyway who listens to him, but it would appear that he is listening to us

Hail all things redskins

Wow - Accorsi actually went out of his way to comment on the Redskins moves? I'm surprised that we rile these guys up so much. Why should he even care enough to comment? If our approach doesn't work than it shouldn't bother him at all. In the end the results will speak for themselves.

"It does in the playoffs. Maybe Accorsi should be worrying about that, seeing as he and his brilliant FO hired a coach with a 4-5 playoff record, while that dufus Snyder hired a guy who's 17-6 in the postseason. At the end of the season THAT was a far more important decision than how many bonus dollars some free safety is getting."

Coughlin won the NFC East last year but lost in the playoffs.

Gibbs won the wildcard last year and lost in the playoffs.

Sure the Gianst loss was worse, but a loss is a loss

Both are good coaches. Not much else to say about this

"Who has said Lloyd or Randel El are 'stars'? They were signed to be the #2 and #3 WRs."

- That's everyones point. Randel El, who cought one TD last year is bing paid 30 million over the next 6 years. He's not a star...not even close...but he sure is getting paid like one

- That's everyones point. Randel El, who cought one TD last year is bing paid 30 million over the next 6 years. He's not a star...not even close...but he sure is getting paid like one

Really? Can you break those numbers down for me by year and bonus, and then compare them to other what comparable players have been signed for under the new CBA?

I'd love to have a clear idea as to what you and Accorsi are talking about, specifically.

"The Giants signed players last year, but the people they signed i.e. A. Pierce weren't considered "stars""

Pierce was considered a prize of free agency last year and they threw a lot of money at him (without getting into specifics)....Plexiglass was a "star" and they threw a lot of money at him....They threw money at McKenzie....The Giants did the same thing we are doing this year....Trying to fill needs through free agency....If he said that then he has a very short term memory

Coughlin won the NFC East last year but lost in the playoffs.

Gibbs won the wildcard last year and lost in the playoffs.

Sure the Gianst loss was worse, but a loss is a loss

Both are good coaches. Not much else to say about this

"Who has said Lloyd or Randel El are 'stars'? They were signed to be the #2 and #3 WRs."

You see one touchdown I see 1000+ total yards gained. You see a player being overpaid I see a player being added. Who cares how much any of these players are being paid as long as that money doesnt take away from us in other areas? Then people will say, oh it will get you in the future. Not with the salary cap raising 5-6 million a year pluse we can always cut these players, its not like the whole 30 million is guaranteed. We are just willing to spend the money on winning, Value is not important at all, all that is important is the impact that player has on your team in the present and future. Considering that the actual cap impact of that contract is minimal, spending the money was appropriate and necessary.

First time posting but I read this board every day...

I heard this interview and there was a lot more to it...He basically said, to paraphrase "now we have two bad safeties who take bad angles" , that Dan Snyder is just "playing fantasy football" and was just generally defient and bitter when the host asked about the Skins...You could really tell that talking about the Skins really strikes a nerve in this guy and the "little message boards" quote was hillarious...

HTTR

Heard this interview too. And I must say that knocking Sean Taylor was one of the most absurb things I've ever heard come out of his fat mouth. Anyone who has watched Skins games with/without Taylor knows just how integral he is and how he's the teeth of the defensive monster.

Archived