Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cornerback Depth: CB Dyson

#1SkinsFan

This guy would be great if we could get him. Played with the Seahawks and was a pretty solid cornerback there. He will come cheap, and will be a good addition. He could start in the nickle or rotate with Shawn Springs. I really think we should look into signing this guy.

Here are his stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235209

He only had 1 INT last season but only played 10 games. Had 6 INTS the year before and has been a pretty good corner for most of his career. At 27 (turning 28 in May), he is a 5 year pro, and he would be a great young corner to add depth and would fill another hole in this defense. He has 17 INTS in his career and 5 defensive TDS.

Thoughts?

This would be a great pickup, but I wonder how much more cap room we have right now? It seems to me like we are going to wait until after june 1st to start looking seriously at depth, but who knows with this team.

But the guy can contribute and would be a great guy to have on the squad.

Didn't we look at him last year?? or maybe us fans wanted him but Williams didn't? I trust Gregg in what works best for his scheme. Names aren't everything to us even though the mediots believe they do....we have an incredible staff that has terrific schemes and knows what players WILL and WILL NOT work in it.

Been mentioned before, if we can afford him great! Again, I think we are pretty much done though.

We are'nt done. M. Washington restructured his contract and we saved about 2.5 mil (per KFFL), and also we freed up about 10 mil (per Kffl) by redoing some of the player signing bonuses. We could afford him, and he'd be a great pickup.

Sign him Yesterday, But I bet he Wants Big Bucks. Want do you think?

We signed him yesterday? Huh? :laugh:

He played in this scheme in Tennessee w/Williams for a few yrs so our coaching staff is familiar w/him...I say we go get him and bolster our secondary...

Agreed, just like Williams got Prileau for depth at safety b/c he knew the scheme, he should go get Dyson for depth b/c he too knows the kind of defense GW runs.

The last free agents I'd like to see signed are Dyson and Mitchell. They would be nice additions depth-wise and would come cheap.

Agreed as well. Those should be our last two key free agent signings. We have the money, and it would be great to add depth to the o-line, and to the cb position.

We are'nt done. M. Washington restructured his contract and we saved about 2.5 mil (per KFFL), and also we freed up about 10 mil (per Kffl) by redoing some of the player signing bonuses. We could afford him, and he'd be a great pickup.

You sure that was to sign more players and not to afford the players we allready signed?

You sure that was to sign more players and not to afford the players we allready signed?

well before the cba we restructured several contracts to get under the cap, and to sign some fa's if the cba didnt get reached. So i'd assume it was to sign more players.

I hope we do get Dyson and a reliable punter...Rouen? But I think we still have more work to do in free agency cuz on the nfl.com video of gibbs when he was asked if the team was done with signing free agents gibbs said 'well there are a few things that are too sensitive for us to talk about, we'll just have to wait and see"

Archived