Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins favorites in the NFC

Bhutanibeast

Hold on a sec...let me give you the Giants'/Cowboys'/Bears (Eagles are way to sad to mention) response to this...

"they have no f@$^ing defense...WTF!?!?!...and their QB is like 45...c'mon...they suck...They paid way too much for everyone...the NFL should investigate they're FA and Salary Cap...WTF!?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

That's about right.

As a playoff team coming off a win in the playoffs... and losing only 2 starters (Clark who one can argue might have been upgraded.... and Arrington who only played half a season in 2 years)... and upgrading several other spots..... yeah, it only makes sense we are NFC contenders.

Heck, we made it to the final 4 of the NFC last year. Even if we didn't upgrade a bit we should still be considered favorites (among the top clubs anyways... not necessarily "the" favorite).

Last year, the Vikings won the offseason title... signing all the free agents... and the media proclaimed them Super Bowl favorites.

So let's just hold off on these types of predictions. It's going to take some time for the team to be completely in sync.

It all looks good on paper, practically it should translate well. Last year the team demonstrated heart that cannot be bought. I wouldn't think that the team would get soft now. Clearly the additions made will help stretch out that offense and make the defense have to work less. I know things won't necessarily be perfect but there should be improvement. All I wanted last year was the Skins to beat the Cowboys and the Eagles...we got that!!! Everything else just seemed like a sweet bonus. I set my expectations a little higher but as long as we own Dallas and Philly I'll be happy.

:logo:

Schefter is a clown. He was a local sportscaster in Denver when I lived there, and I thought he was a total zero - just a robot who regurgitated other people's opinions. It is anybody's guess who he slept with to get a job with the NFL network. The fact that he likes us in the NFC is not something to get excited about.

if Brunell is still throwing the ball away every down in the preseason , and looking average we need to make a QB change quick. Brunell has no more excuses. He has 4 wide outs and one tight end in Cooley that will be open.

AJ_Skins, is that you?? And you're right. I sure got tired of listening to Brunell making all those excuses and blaming the other players.. (serious sarcasm)

QUIT SMOKING CRACK DUDE!!!

I really hope we are not considered the favorites in the NFC this upcoming year. I still remeber when we signed Deion and Bruce, everyone including Vegas had us winning the bowl hands down. We all know how that year ended up. However, Gibbs and the fact that these free agent pick ups are not a year away from picking up pension cheques. That too me makes up all the difference between the years. I still like the underdog role alot more then the favorite.

if Brunell is still throwing the ball away every down in the preseason , and looking average we need to make a QB change quick. Brunell has no more excuses. He has 4 wide outs and one tight end in Cooley that will be open.

Hehe man... You should have waited a little bit to jump on the Brunell bandwagon. Apperently you changed your mind. :laugh::laugh:

Archived