Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Jets offering 7th for Ramsey

Fifty Gut

we got to get this down, someway somehow. i mean we got to get rid of his salary off the books. they know they are the only team with an issue at qb that wants ramsey. .i can only think of oakland and minny who might want him but they show no interest.

The problem is that by signing Collins, we've lost all of our leverage. The market for QB's is saturated, with Brooks, K. Collins, Griese, and McCown out there as FA's, and even guys like Shaub as potential trade bait, not to mention a draft that's got some blue chip prospects at the position. In addiiton, given the signings/trades in the past week, some of the teams that would likely have drafted QB's (e.g. Miami; New Orleans) now seem far less likely to do so.

The Jets don't expect to seriously contend for a championship next year, so I doubt they feel much pressure to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

we got to get this down, someway somehow. i mean we got to get rid of his salary off the books. they know they are the only team with an issue at qb that wants ramsey. .i can only think of oakland and minny who might want him but they show no interest.

no we don't. we just rescructured a couple players to get to 10 million under

The problem is that by signing Collins, we've lost all of our leverage. The market for QB's is saturated, with Brooks, K. Collins, Griese, and McCown out there as FA's, and even guys like Shaub as potential trade bait, not to mention a draft that's got some blue chip prospects at the position. In addiiton, given the signings/trades in the past week, some of the teams that would likely have drafted QB's (e.g. Miami; New Orleans) now seem far less likely to do so.

The Jets don't expect to seriously contend for a championship next year, so I doubt they feel much pressure to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

I have to agree. Ramsey is in the same league as those QB's and they don't require any draft picks. Something tells me Oakland will draft Vince Young so will only be looking for a stop gap. KC, San Diego and St Louis need back-ups and they still have Kerry Collins, Greise, Brooks and Tony Banks to choose from.

Sadly that is true:doh:

RAmsey wont even start in NY. They are going to draft a QB. They dont need him up there, nor do we. If hes complaining about not starting here, hell have the same problem in NY. I think Ramsey is Done........ cut into FA for the year untill someone gets hurt.

Archived