Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know it's early, but this is how my NFC rankings look...

FunBunch7

I responded to this thread earlier that I didn't think Seattle should be ranked high, as I don't believe Seattle will make the playoffs next year due to people they have lost, etc. I don't want to be a downer, but this whole ranking thing, and who is going to be the best, and blah, blah, blah, is completely bogus. Free agency just started. The draft hasn't even happened yet. We don't know who is going to be starting on some of these teams. Can people wait at least until after the draft to specualte rankings and such, when we actually have a clue as to what these teams will be fielding. Just my opinion though.

NY Giants

Seattle

Minnesota

Chicago

Carolina

Dallas

Arizona

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Washington

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Detroit

St. Louis

San Francisco

Green Bay

Some teams got better by getting rid of bad coaches.

You have to be kidding? This is a joke right?

1. Redskins

2. Giants

3. Bears

4. Seahawks

5. Cowboys

6. Bucs

7. Panthers

8. Eagles

9. Cards

10. Falcons

11. Packers

12. Lions

13. Vikings

14. Rams

15. Saints

16. Niners

I personally think it's all us and the Giants next season. Yeah I really don't like them, but they are good, and have been beefing up their secondary. Outside of us two, and maybe the Cowboys, no other teams have seriously upgraded in anyway IMO. Our division will be tops in the NFL next season no doubt. Every game between each team will truly be INSANE.

To me, there are three main essentials for a successful team (however, not limited to)

1- Coaching

2- Talent

3- Team chemistry

Having said that, I believe the Redskins are the best team in the NFC right now. My top two teams would be the Redskins and the Panthers. No way do I put the Cardinals and the Giants that high. The rest of the NFC is a toss up depending on the remaining market of free agents and where they land.

As a Skins fan, it should be assumed that I'm biased, but in reality, if I were a fan of any other team, the Skins would scare me. That is the reason that we see so much hate from other fans. This is why we are compared to the Yankees. We are truly blessed to have our cake and eat it too. I do not feel that there is another team (aside from the Patriots) who has as much to offer in the talent and coaching departments as the Skins do. Now it's just getting it all to come together. If it does, then we could well see the '91 version all over again. I'll take that anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

I responded to this thread earlier that I didn't think Seattle should be ranked high, as I don't believe Seattle will make the playoffs next year due to people they have lost, etc. I don't want to be a downer, but this whole ranking thing, and who is going to be the best, and blah, blah, blah, is completely bogus. Free agency just started. The draft hasn't even happened yet. We don't know who is going to be starting on some of these teams. Can people wait at least until after the draft to specualte rankings and such, when we actually have a clue as to what these teams will be fielding. Just my opinion though.

I agree with you completely. I seem to recall last season, critics making predictions that Philly would win the NFC East again, with all the other teams in the division finishing no better than 8-8. Some people picked the Jets as being possible super bowl contenders! :laugh: Things can happen on any given Sunday, or season for that matter.

Whoa there killer. This thread asked what people thought their NFC Rankings should be. You are all obviously right though. Because I didn't put the Redskins near the top I obviously must not know anything about football. I can garauntee you that is not the case. If you wanted my reasons here they go.

We haven't addressed the position of depth on the offensive line. We have our best lineman coming off a blown up knee. How well did we rush the ball after Randy Thomas went down last year?????

Getting wide recievers was a great thing no doubt about it. But if we can't protect the passer how are we going to get them the ball.

Now the QB situation. I predicted Mark Brunnell would be the NFL comeback player of the year last year and I think he shouldn't have gotten more consideration than he did. However he didn't make it all the way through the season at 100%. I don't see how he would do it this year since he hasn't done it in the past four. Enter Jason Campbell. He hasn't thrown one pass in the NFL. If he comes out in preseason and lights it up I would gladly move the Skins up some spots.

Defensively we have gotten better but there are some depth issues at corner and our best all around player MIGHT go to jail. Again depth issues.

We still have a crap punter and another question mark at kicker.

We charged into the playoffs by beating only one playoff team in our last five. We weren't exactly distancing ourselves from the pack there.

All of the teams above the Redskins have glaring weaknesses for sure. But so do we. This team is far from being a SB contender.

Forgive me if I don't fall all over the Redskins for their recent moves. Some I view as good, some I want to wait and see.

As for the other teams ahead of the Redskins I see some addition by subtraction. Some of them are becoming cohesive. Even though I ranked the Redskins so low I don't by any means think they will finish there. Everyone is so close in this congfrence. It is a case of the have and have mores. You never know what is going to happen. So those of you who bashed me can look at youselfs and say your the ones who have made this Stadium forum less than what it used to be. Those of you who bashed me shouldn't be so quick to judge. If you don't want to take any of those two peices of advice you can suck a fart out of my ass.

If you so smart, how come you don't know how to spell?

All kidding aside, i do see our kicking game hurting us. We really need to address that and the whole Brunell thing is key. Our O-line will be fine (hopefully) and out D has done very well with alot of injuries and not much overall talent, so we'll see. Just hope for the best.

• 9 months later...

I brought this back to the forefront because I wanted to prove how much the Redskins let their fans down this season. I don't blame #1 SkinsFan for being so harsh on me. The team marketed itself as a winner. It is a pretty interesting read if you go back through the thread.

Was this really necessary?

I am bored what can I say. I will say that this proves a latent point. It proves that skins fans are good fans. I don't care that I actually recieved threatening PMs about my stances in this thread. This proves that Skins fans love their team, they stand by them 100%. When you really stop and think about how much of a catastrophy this season was there is still a lot of passion for this team around here. It is admirable.

Oh man...why did you have to bring back a thread that I stated? Now I look as dumb as Chris Collinsworth...at least I don't get to start anymore threads...

(even though I am truely sorry for starting another thread a few weeks back about Betts' fumbling...and I am REALLY REALLY sorry and wish that the mods would reinstate my thread starting privledges because I am for the most part a very optimistic fan that loves the Redskins no matter what, and, did I mention I am really sorry and will never do it again, and I NEVER EVER bad mouth anyone in here and consider this the best Redskin site ever and I am really really sorry, and I would consider it a huge Christmas present if I got my privledges back sine I am really really sorry?

Archived