Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making Superbowl a national Holiday

WonderBoyErb

Does anyone else think that the superbowl should infact be a national holiday? I mean think of it this way, we could replace valentine's day with the superbowl, all we need to do is add another week on to the season. This will make the superbowl fall on or around the Valentines day, and also consider this, there a lot more women in the u.s. who like football then there is guys who like valentines day :logo:

Does anyone else think that the superbowl should infact be a national holiday? I mean think of it this way, we could replace valentine's day with the superbowl, all we need to do is add another week on to the season. This will make the superbowl fall on or around the superbowl, and also consider this, there a lot more women in the u.s. who like football then there is guys who like valentines day :logo:

It's already on a Sunday, why would it need to be a holiday? The real issue is either to make Monday a holiday or to move the Superbowl to Saturday as Kilmer suggested.

I'm all for a Saturday Super Bowl...

....but my preference would be to play the game on Sunday, but with an earlier start time...like the good ole' days when it was played in the afternoon.

well...technically it IS played in the afternoon on the west coast

I'm up for it being a holiday but not replacing Valentine's Day, because that is not a national holiday. You could change the date that MLK Day or President's Day is recognized to coincide with the day after the Superbowl.

Im with this idea. Moving Presidents day to the Monday after the SuperBowl would keep the game on Sunday, make the host city happy, and give us all the day after off to shake off the hang over.

Archived