Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if lloyd was such a problem in SF

gutlead74

Lloyd is a prima donna. But... most WRs are prima donnas. Steve Smith is a whiny little baby -- who wouldn't want him? I hope Joe Gibbs will coach our new problem child and make him a man...

If the way Joe "The Goof" :silly: Gibbs and Lloyd interacted during the press conference (and from the sounds of it--during their dinner/talks) is an indicator we're all going to be just fine.

I too had some concerns about all these personalities and egos, added to CP, Moss, & Cooley whose roles (not just production) I'd hate to see diminished.

But then I remember how at one time Gibbs managed to field a Posse, some Hogs, a Fun Bunch, those Smurfs, and showcase some individual talent simultaneously in a very cohesive fashion. This is what Joe will be able to devote even more time to with Saunders on board.; guiding, addressing, and resolving the people issues and needs while keeping the order.

I predict these guys will both be absorbed by, and yet add to, this great chemistry and the focused direction we have on the team.

We be going home again :D

I was concerned about Lloyd until after I saw him with George Michael Sports Monday afternoon. Very well spoken guy who actually seemed a little modest to me. I get the feeling he saw the 49ers had accepted losing and he just couldn't take it any more.

Hail,

H

I've gotta be honest, I think the whole Lloyd thing was over-hyped. You look at what happened with TO, and while it was a negative outcome, look at the press it brought him and his agent, along with the Eagles. SF sees that, and knowing that don't have much else going for them, the media jumps all over anything he says or does and blows it way out of proportion.

It's funny that people are saying that. If its' the fans than I'm sure they are just bitter. Here is what my 49er friend wanted me to post for him since he is not a member "quit ****ing taking the 49ers best players and only hopes of restructuring our team within the next 20 years" "say signed matt ****ing dragalin (miserable)" ..... I would say that my friend a die hard 49ers fan didn't have too much of a problem with him.

I think the reason why Lloyd had such a hard time establishing a relationship with the players in San Francisco is that they don't really have anybody on the team other then Julian Peterson who has proven he is serious and commited about winning, they have a team comprised primarily of rookies and inexperienced players with a coach that is pretty new to being a head coach. I think on a team like the Redskins he can flourish, who isn't going to listen to Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders, it's not like they havnt proven time and time again they know what it takes to win.

Archived