Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark Analysis

Let me discuss my take on this situation:

First, Clark played Free Safety at LSU, so his natural position is FS.

However, he came in and played exceptional at the SS position for the Skins the last year or so. But does he really thinks he deserves to be paid a starters salary in this league? At fox sports.com on their free agent tracker they have Clark listed as a 1 Star with a lot of other safeties , Archuleta is a 4 star on this tracker. Case in point. They even have Ohalete , who played for Skins and was fired, listed as a 2 star??

Now, if he really thinks he is that good than try to get a job with another team, like the Steelers, but does he really think he is going to supplant Polamaou?? dont think so, !!!

Clark in my opinion is a good backup safety, like a #3 on the lines of Pierson

Prioleau, G Williams gave PP a lot of money back in Buffalo to be his starter at SS and you see where he is at now?? Not Starting!!

So, you have to be thankful on what you can do to help a team in this league, but if you think you are that good, than go with another team and prove everyone wrong!!

And Im sure if he doesnt make it somewhere Nick Saban will pick him up in Miami b/c he is signing all these damn LSU players who really should not be on NFL rosters, ie Jack Hunt , Norman LeJeune - safeties under Saban at LSU who he has on Miami's roster

peace

They have obviously no clue. Archuleta & Milloy 4 stars? Are you kidding me? Milloy is not even a 2-stars Safety. Archuleta is also at best a 3-stars safety. What do you care anyway? We know how good Ryan Clark is. He will definitely get a starting job again.

ryan clark is an average player but he did produce good numbers in william's scheme, the signing of archuleta i think is more of a just in case ST goes to prison type thing. "knock on wood" but if we do lose clark in FA i dont think it would hurt us too much, although i must admit i do like him as a player.

I love Ryan Clark to death and hope he can come back but I don't think he can contribute to another team the way he can here. He has good chemistry with his teammates and Williams knows how to utilize his talent. I'd hate to see him go to a team with a sub-par coordinator that uses him wrong and ruins his career.

Clark may not have been a great safety, but for two years he has been a very good player. He has been an important component and there is a part of me that does believe that the Redskins FO has a little bit of the "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

Is AA so much better than Clark that the chemistry, knowledge of system, and familiarity with what the other guys around him are going to do play in play out is negated?

He expects to be paid as a starter because he started this last season and produced nicely. Above and beyond the numbers, he provided good leadership skills as well. His numbers actually compared well to AA on a per game basis when he started. Safeties are usually the most overlooked defensive position. I think it will take awhile for the safety market to fall into place. Honestly, we overpaid big time for AA, although I like his game. Ryan Clark would be great to bring back for depth. Sean Taylor is facing some possible jailtime and has previously complained about his contract status. If we ever come to a point where we lost ST the way Lavar left, you'd be glad to have someone like Ryan around to fill in and start.

Clark is a good backup safety who came in to play at a position where we were thin and was solid, and even excellent at times. His success was certainly due to his hard work, but it was also due to having one of the best secondaries in football around him and an excellent overall defense and coaching staff. That doesn't change that he's basically a backup caliber safety.

If someone signs him as a starter, then it's the defensive version of Alvin Harper.

He would start as a steeler. As a FS, not a SS, which Troy P. obviously has locked up. It's looking extremely doubtful at this point that we'll re-sign our fs Chris Hope, who has visited with the db-desperate Titans. As a steeler fan, I hope we sign clark and pick up and groom a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round. Mike Logan is brutal. If we are left with him as a starter, the Brady's, Palmer's and Peyton's of this league will expose us down the field

Btw, I didn't know clark was a fs in college......

Archived