Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isaac Hayes Quits South Park (Merged)

rictus58

NEW YORK (AP) — Isaac Hayes has quit “South Park,” where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.

Hayes, who has played the ladies’ man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed.

Click Link for full Article

So, its ok to be part of a show that makes fun of EVERYONE, until they make fun of you?

Hayes is a Scientologist. Figures. He must've loved that episode. Stone makes a good point though. That show has been ribbing Jews and Christians for years, in a good-natured way in my opinion. Now South Park exposes the absurdity that is Scientology and Hayes protests??

Whatever Isaac.

At least he stands on his principles. I respect the fact that he didnt stay on and collect the checks when he had a moral problem with it.

I said i respect him, I dont agree with him. He's still a moron for being a scientologist.

What principles? He had no problem accepting money for being involved in shows making fun of every other religion. His only principles are doing what the Joke of Scientology tells him to do. I'm glad Parker and Stone called him out on it. This is the definition of hypocrisy.

What principles? He had no problem accepting money for being involved in shows making fun of every other religion. His only principles are doing what the Joke of Scientology tells him to do. I'm glad Parker and Stone called him out on it. This is the definition of hypocrisy.

According to the article, the episode aired in November, and he waits 6 months to quit? So he collected 6 months of pay AFTER the episode aired, and NOW he has a problem with it?

and I agree with you Fatty, I'm glad they called him out on it.

Guest Gichin13

Scientology strikes again. I did not know Hayes was in that stupid cult, sorry to hear that and lost respect there.

His position is obviously utterly ridiculous based on the show's content and yet another sign of how damn stupid that cult is.

He doesnt believe in every other religion. So making fun of them is A-ok.

He doesnt believe in every other religion. So making fun of them is A-ok.

Exactly. So wouldn't making fun of other people's religions show the same "intolerance and bigotry" that he feels the show was showing towards his beloved Scientology? If his principles are against intolerance and bigotry, why was he A-OK with cashing all those checks for the shows that made fun of Christians, Jews, and Muslims?

Exactly. So wouldn't making fun of other people's religions show the same "intolerance and bigotry" that he feels the show was showing towards his beloved Scientology? If his principles are against intolerance and bigotry, why was he A-OK with cashing all those checks for the shows that made fun of Christians, Jews, and Muslims?

I think PleaseBlitz was being sarcastic.

Because intolerence and bigotry are funny then. There is nothing funny about Scientology.

TomkillOprah.JPG

I hope you are picking up the sarcasm this time. Im laying it on pretty thick.

This is funny. South Park has been doing this **** for years and now it's over the line? What a fraud.

Agreed. They should show him get suckered into the religion in an episode.

The South Park creators make their shows literally DAYS before they air. So Hayes quitting now was definitely a way to hurt the show. Their new season starts next month.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them off Chef in the first episode. In fact, they should.

Guest santana4prez

That sux!!!!!!!!!:(

I liked his voice , Chef is a classic. I remember when he sang that Chef salty balls song during a WWE show a while back.:laugh:

PB hit this on the nose. By Hayes's logic, it's OK to make fun of religion as long as it's not his religion. First off all, that's asinine. Second of all, if there's any religion that deserves to be made fun of, it's Scientology (I'd say Mormonism too, but I'd probably get banned).

definition of scientology... that is...

Archived