Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Article - Robinson - Money not well spent

SkinsNJfan

haha, here is the author:

charles_robinson2.jpg

"By all accounts, the Redskins overpaid for Randle El and Archuleta, committing $22 million in signing and roster bonuses to a pair of players who were considered wildly overrated free agents in many circles. Archuleta's deal – the richest pact for a safety in NFL history – will pay him an average of roughly $5 million per season, while Randle El's $11.5 million signing and roster bonuses – and $31 million total – are more lucrative than some contracts given to No. 1 receivers."

It seems as if every offseason the sports media never quite gets what the Skins FO has gotten for years now when it comes to contracts, the salary cap and how salaries are structured, because they keep making and repeating the same flawed analysis year after year...

He is right we did overpay, but it was the only way we could get them to sign...I disagree thought these were bad moods...each position was a need for us to fill

I agree with you. We probably should not have paid Randel number one receiver money, but in this league money talks and BS walks. :2cents:

haha, here is the author:

charles_robinson2.jpg

"By all accounts, the Redskins overpaid for Randle El and Archuleta, committing $22 million in signing and roster bonuses to a pair of players who were considered wildly overrated free agents in many circles. Archuleta's deal – the richest pact for a safety in NFL history – will pay him an average of roughly $5 million per season, while Randle El's $11.5 million signing and roster bonuses – and $31 million total – are more lucrative than some contracts given to No. 1 receivers."

Maybe the Skins should hire this clown to do their scouting for them...That is a "punch me" face if I ever saw one!!!

I don't understand why writers use langauge such as "it averages over 5 million a year".

Especially when these contracts are frequently backloaded like Arhculeta's allegedly is (with 15 mil in non-guarenteed salary in the last 3 years).

Thank you.

Opie doesnt know **** about how the cap works.

Who gives a flaming crap if we overpaid?!? Is it limiting what we can do in free agency? Has it ever? I don't know about you guys, but when I'm watching the skins, I'm never thinking about how much money each player makes. I'm never thinking at the end of the season 'boy, so-and-so was only worth about $3 million of the $3.5 million we paid him this year'.

If Dan Snyder overpaying players meant that we were limited in signing free agents, then sure, criticize away. Until then, these guys should just shut up.

yeah, this is from the same idiot who guarenteed that Coach Williams would be gone after last season, that he would be dazzled by the head coach spotlight again. I sent him an email saying he was WRONG about Coach Williams leaving and how in the world did a hack like himself get that job. then two days later Williams re-signed with the 'skins. sadly enough he never replied.

Dude is a total dork. how he has a job i will never know. :doh:

This guy is an idiot.

First he says we overpaid for players who most consider to be overrated. Then he offers his updated list of the top 10 free agents, now that randel el and the other players we signed, are off the market. So Randel el is overrated, but was in your top 10 before we signed him? Yeah, that makes sense...

Secondly, he says we will pay these players an average of about 5 million a year. I imagine he reached that conclusion because we give them a "30 million dollar contract" over the course of 6 years. So 30/6=5, right? What he doesnt consider, is that these players will never see 30 million dollars. If you break out their contracts, they will probably get around 10 million in the first 3 years, and 20 million in the last 3. So we're really signing them for about 3 million/year for 3 years.

With salary caps in excess of 100 million dollars, and these players are staters, consider this: Lets say you paid your 22 starters an average of 4 million/year each. Thats 88 million against a cap that will always be above 100 million. Your #3 wideout SHOULD be making about 3 million a year. Media are such idiots, sometimes.

That guy has never stepped on a football field in his life...except maybe when he was duct taped to the goalpost in high school for being the first chair skin flute.

Remember last year when we ate 10 million for Santana....fools like this guy were like...Idiots, spending money on nothing...

Hey Chotchey....you realize we have the best coaching staff in the NFL??

You think they rate "talent" when they see it?

Have we made any wrong moves in Free Agency yet since getting our coaching staff? (Patten I know,but he is 10 times better than Gardner)

Why dont you just shut your mouth football "expert" and watch a dynasty get built from the ground up in 3 years....

Wanker

He is right we did overpay, but it was the only way we could get them to sign...I disagree thought these were bad moods...each position was a need for us to fill

This are exactly the picks we needed to fill and then some... I suspect they dont realize we were a great team last year.... They'll be on the B&G Bandwagon in about 6 months and 3 games into the regular season.

these are the same guys when we are good will say i told you Randel EL does the little things.

Yep, and they're the same guys who were calling him one of top free agents on the market, if he did the same deal with the Bears, they'd say "the Bears made a great personell move by aquiring Randle el" :helmet:

Just read that on Yahoo myself, how does this guy know the money isn't well spent, we went out and filled needs. Lets not question decisions that Snyder and Gibbs make Mr. Robinson.

Exactly, it aint his money, so why the heel should he be worried about it. We'll just go 4-12 again, just like last year.

Archived