Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens vs. GW

bnacpa

As the deadline for the Eagles is approaching for them to either pay T.O.'s 5M roster bonus or just cut him, and he is rumored to be signing with Dallas as soon as that happens, I figured I would give a little statistical information regarding his performance stats in 2004 (Eagles Super Bowl Season) in which he played us twice:

Game 1 Stats: Eagles @ Home win 28-6. TO had 2 catches for 24 yards & 1 TD.

Game 2 Stats: Eagles Away win 17-14. TO had 6 catches for 46 yards & 0 TD.

In two games against the skins he had 8 catches for 70 yards and 1 TD.

If he is signed by Dallas I am not so worried. I believe Greg Williams knows how to contain TO.

I think it will show lack of vision by Philly's FO if they let him escape to a division rival. It will honestly prove to be a mistake as well.

If they release him because they don't want to give him the $5M roster bonus then they have no control over where he signs. They are trying to trade him, but they haven't really gotten any trade offers because teams know that they will cut him. Philly would have as much control of TO signing with a division rival as we have in keeping Arrington out of the NFC East (none).

I think it will show lack of vision by Philly's FO if they let him escape to a division rival. It will honestly prove to be a mistake as well.

The only lack of vision was when they signed him, and I don't see any way they could have seen this coming. They have no control at this point - no one is going to trade for him. That would mean they give up SOME value, and get him at a contract he is unhappy with, and TRY to negotiate an acceptable one (yeah, right!!). They have no choice NOW except to drop him. I hope he is able to work his same magic on the Cowboys by 2007. That would really be sweet!! Anyone that signes him NOW has no excuses.

One of the few good things that would come out of TO going to Dallas is TO would get to play Philly twice a year and i know he will be looking to light them up every time they play each other. We will probably get some superstar touchdown celebrations to enjoy on sportscenter and watch all the dejected eagles players looking at TO wanting to kill him. And if he does get crushed going over the middle by dawkins after one of those lavish touchdown celebrations, i guess thats alright too.

Archived