Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss' Statistics Next Year(merged)

kevinklein

With the signing of Randel El and Brandon Lloyd, do you think Moss' statistics will improve or suffer next year?

Now remember I am speaking only from a statistical stand point here...not about Moss' contribution to the team.

This past year Moss was practically Brunell's only recieving target, with Cooley and Portis taking a little of the pressure off him. He was often double or triple covered, and still ended the year 2nd in the league in yards (I believe).

Next year defenses are going to be forced to respect Lloyd and Randel El's abilities, no doubt leaving Moss in one on one coverage a lot of the time. However, whoever starts at QB now has 3 very trustworthy targets running around out there, and he won't nessacarily be looking for Moss 1st.

Will Moss have more catches/yards/TDs, or will his stats divide with Lloyd and Randel El?

I think his average yards per catch will go up, but I don't think anything else will.

He's definitely not going to get 80+ catches next year with all our targets. I think 60+ is a safer bet.

Yardage wise I expect him over 1,000. TD wise he won't get nine. Maybe seven.

But basically he had such good numbers last year that it would be hard for him to improve.

I think his average yards per catch will go up, but I don't think anything else will.

He's definitely not going to get 80+ catches next year with all our targets. I think 60+ is a safer bet.

Yardage wise I expect him over 1,000. TD wise he won't get nine. Maybe seven.

But basically he had such good numbers last year that it would be hard for him to improve.

AGreed, he won't have to be depended on so much, which will take some pressure off him.

Yeah, I think his stats take a bit of a hit next year. Not a huge hit, but a little one. I think our offense will be much more prolific and diversified. More passes will go to other guys, but that will still open up more routes for Santana. I would guess 12-1300 yards, and about 8-10 TDs. Very good, solid season. I would guess that Lloyd and Randle-El will end up with about the same, combined. I actually think Cooley and Portis benefit the most, with Cooley running drag routes and Portis catching out of the backfield and screen passes. Should be a lot of fun.

I don't htink we can through the ball enough per game in order to keep Moss's statistics at what they were this year. Knowing Moss though, he won't care.

Spreading the ball around is going to really help him out though, becuase he won't be triple covered. However, I don't know if we can get 100 balls to him this seaosn, we shall see. But i imagine we'll have quite the prolific trio this season at reciever.

I think his numbers will drop a little bit. I think Gibs and Saunders are going to try to distribute the ball around. Maybe 1300, 900, 600 yards for Moss, Lloyd, El respectively?

very good possibility this years stats might end up somewhere near those numbers. Maybe not 1,300 but 1,000-1,250. Maybe less. We'll see.

Moss TD's I think will go up as he won't be double-covered half as much as he was, allowing for a lot more deep throws to a one-on-one or already-beating-his-man Santana Moss. I think the receptions will go down slightly, but Yds per catch should actually increase, same w/ TD's, and his final amount of yards for the season will still break 1000. (barring any injury obviously)

Moss TD's I think will go up as he won't be double-covered half as much as he was, allowing for a lot more deep throws to a one-on-one or already-beating-his-man Santana Moss. I think the receptions will go down slightly, but Yds per carry should actually increase, same w/ TD's, and his final amount of yards for the season will still break 1000. (barring any injury obviously)

Yards per carry, eh? I know Moss is good, but I don't think we'll be seeing much of him in the backfield. :laugh:

Suffer, but in a good way, the ball will be spread around more.

My thoughts exactly. I think he will have a drop off but I believe he will still prove to be the #1 target. There will be too many targets on the skins' offense for defenses to plan for just Moss in the passing game. They have to plan for so many people that things will open up for other players. Defenses can't just put 8+ people in the box, or triple team Moss anymore. I can't wait for next season to begin.

i think he will do a little less than last year, we didnt have as many possessions and less scoring oppertunities last year, but we should be able to move down field better and create alot more scoring oppertunities. just have to wait and see what sets saunders will bring to the team.

This comment is more emotionally based than objective, but I hope recognition of Santana's role and contributions, as well as his actual production, remain at a high enough level to keep him happy. He was there when getting it done when no one else was. There's a place for loyalty in even the most competitive businesses.

Archived