Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carter's position?

fdarugar

THank you...i was JUST about to make a thread about this...heres what I predict...He will play OLB for us, thus replacing Lavar and saving us money...but on third down(passing down), he will move on the line and Clemons will play lb(CLemons usually does anyway on 3rd). This is a perfect plan, because using Carter dynamically would save us money and utilize his talents to the fullest

Rumor is that we will be aquiring Abraham too so I would expect Carter to play LB. I see us using a ton of 3-4 too where Carter would certainly be an OLB.

I thought Christmas came in December!

Thats a rumor from where (other than hopefuls on this board)?

:point2sky

regardless, I'm p-u-m-p-e-d!

With SF he thrived as an OLB in 3-4 packages or at DE.

He didn't do as well as a traditional 4-3 OLB.

Gregg sometimes runs 5-6 man fronts or Dime packages with a heavy blitz. We'll move Carter around but he'll be mostly near the LOS. Watch some of the game film on how we used Marcus during the last 5 games of the season. He was constantly lining up at or near the LOS.

he'll play everything. including kicker.

...and do play-by-play on Redskins Radio.

In all seriousness, why would we define it if you're Gregg Williams. Maybe he's here to play all over the field and exploit matchups. Other than CBs and DTs, Williams seems to throw people in there on D to do specific things on each and every down, not fit the mold of a cookie-cutter "position" all game long.

Does anyone even know if he has the skill set to be an every down DE? I would think you'd want Daniels and Wynn in there in running situations.

According to Clayton, Carter will play LB...

Carter would be the natural replacement for departed linebacker LaVar Arrington. The Redskins want to generate more of a pass rush, and Carter has 32 sacks over his five-year career with San Francisco. He had 12½ in 2002 but only 6½ over his last two years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2366421

According to Clayton, Carter will play LB...

Carter would be the natural replacement for departed linebacker LaVar Arrington. The Redskins want to generate more of a pass rush, and Carter has 32 sacks over his five-year career with San Francisco. He had 12½ in 2002 but only 6½ over his last two years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2366421

Ive been telling people it is much smarter to place him at LB and have him blitz off the line on passing downs...

If we do get Abraham, Carter will play more OLB. If not he will come up and rush on 3rd downs. Can you imagine Abraham, Carter, Archuleta, Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor all on ONE DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy God, our team will be a team of FREAKS!!!!!!

Archived