Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need a kicker!

StepyagameuP

I disagree. Hall is too injury prone. I have never seen a kicker miss so much time due to injury. He is a good kicker when he isn't injured but he gets injured every year. I wouldn't mind us going after Vinatieri depending on the how much cap space we had left, but Novak would be fine with me as well. He did a good job for us last year.

Our punter situation is more pressing. Derrick Frost has a worse punt average than my old high school punter. Sadly, I am not kidding when I say that. In fact, if we can't find anyone else we should find him. I'm sure he'll play for the league minimum. I hope we can get someone of Rouen's caliber. I rather give Andy Groom another shot than deal with Frost again. Yes I know Groom didn't play that well but he at least seemed to have a better leg than Frost.

not sure groom is an upgrade... we need to be solid.. maybe frost has turned the corner ??? nahhhhhh...

There is a pretty good kicker graduating from UVA that is worth a fairly high draft pick

no more college kickers.. they can kick it a mile in college or in practice.. but when they are kicking from their end line and it is 20* and the wind is in his face and it is inthe 4th quarter and we are up by 2 points.. well you get the picture..

give me sean landetta at 50 rather than a college kid

NICK NOVAK!!!!! hes the man!!...if we can get him back it would be amazing... i have a huge feeling about him...i think he is going to be amazing in this league...also if you remeber he hit a 50 yarder that was called back b/c of an offsides i believe on mike sellers.... but there are HUGE names out but dont spend the money b/c novak comes cheap~jake

No more veteran retreads. Resign Nick "The Kick" and Buddy Groom to punt and we're cheap, young and very solid at both positions. They may make a rookie mistake here or there, but with our offense and defense, I think we can afford to let a few young-uns grow as starters. (Same logic applies to Jason Campbell as well...why wear out Brunell for 16 games when you can have him fresh and ready if needed in the playoffs?)

You know what they say, "If you have to rely on your kicking game, you are in more trouble than you thought." Count Akers and Vinatieri out of course. Maybe even Jason Elam but other than that--relying on your kicking game so heavily can spell doom for your chances of winning.

Look at what happened to Indy last year - quality team and superbowl contenders, let down by a missed FG.

I agree that Vinateri would be too much, but still think we need a reliable, healthy kicker.

A HEALTHY Joe Hall is maybe better then Novak. John Hall, if he can stay healthy, is what he is. Nick Novak is up and coming and will only get better.

I would not be upset if John Hall was our Kicker come seasons start but, I would feel a lot better if Novak filled that position instead of Hall.

John (or Joe ;)) Hall was never injured before 2004, and he re-injured himself last year but still managed to play 10 games. Did you see him play with the jets? Do you remember 2003? Also, I don't remember him getting any FGs blocked either, while it happened to Novak what, 4 times? So, personally, I would not feel better if Novak filled the position to start the season. Logically, I have no reason to. I think people just like him because he seems like a good kid, is local, and filled in admirably for us in a time of need.

I disagree. Hall is too injury prone. I have never seen a kicker miss so much time due to injury. He is a good kicker when he isn't injured but he gets injured every year. I wouldn't mind us going after Vinatieri depending on the how much cap space we had left, but Novak would be fine with me as well. He did a good job for us last year..

I would't call him injury prone just yet. I like Novak, don't have anything against him, just think Hall is better, period. Also, is Novak even available? Isn't he still with the cards? Didn't he end up with them when their kicker became "injury prone"? :laugh:

Our punter situation is more pressing. Derrick Frost has a worse punt average than my old high school punter. Sadly, I am not kidding when I say that. In fact, if we can't find anyone else we should find him. I'm sure he'll play for the league minimum. I hope we can get someone of Rouen's caliber. I rather give Andy Groom another shot than deal with Frost again. Yes I know Groom didn't play that well but he at least seemed to have a better leg than Frost.

Agree 100% with you on this one.

Archived