Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts Inc.'s Gary Horton Comment on Potential for 'Skins Offense This Year

skinsfannyc76

Jacobs who??? Still waiting for him to suddenly decide to show up??If he does, it probably won't be in a redskins uniform.

Taylor Jacobs must still be recovering from his "concussion" and all that embarrassment that he put him self through in DC not being able to catch a cold if it was handed to him on a silver platter.

Taylor needs to go--we need his jersey number because A.R.E wears #82 and Antonio Brown currently wears that jersey number for the Redskins.

Who the heck cares about numbers? We want to win and that's all that matters in the NFL.

I'm getting really tired of your attitude. I said in the same post you responded to that I'd rather us be more productive than offense if everyone's numbers fell due to spreading the ball around, so why even respond?

If you have a problem with me than send a PM, if not, stop acting like a 5 year old and grow up.

I'm getting really tired of your attitude. I said in the same post you responded to that I'd rather us be more productive than offense if everyone's numbers fell due to spreading the ball around, so why even respond?

If you have a problem with me than send a PM, if not, stop acting like a 5 year old and grow up.

Because the rest of your post gives the opposite impression - focusing on the lower numbers the various receivers might put up. Calm is good.

When I was reading his answer, it got me thinking Cooley's numbers may fall. He never even mentioned Cooley all through his response, and CC was our second best recieving option last season.

Their probably won't be enough balls to go around for everybody, someone's numbers have to decline. Yet I'll take that as long as it gives us the chance to be a more productive offense.

Does anyone know the run/pass ratio of the Kansas City chiefs the last few seasons? It could be a very big indicator to if our recievers will improve on their previous numbers or not.

Last year KC had 5 players with over 30 catches. Kennison, Gonzalez and Parker had over 500yds (Kennison had over 1,000 and Gonzalez had 900)

Larry Johnson rushed for 1750yds and Priest Holmes added 450.

Saunders did an excellent job of spreading the ball to everyone, on the ground and threw the air. We should expect the same.

So does that make Thrash a kick returner only?

Thrash is a stud on Teams. He's gonna have a place. Patten if we keep 5 recievers. Jacobs...I pulled for the guy last year and it turned out he's too frail for the NFL. Lets move on from him.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :point2sky

Because the rest of your post gives the opposite impression - focusing on the lower numbers the various receivers might put up. Calm is good.

What opposite impression? This is football talk. Should I just say "Go Skins! Everyone is going to get 1,000 yards recieving just like the posse did back in day! WOOHOO!!!" Just to make you happy? :rolleyes:

That just isn't realistic. When you spread the ball around some players numbers may go up, most could go down. I like Cooley, and was just wondering where does his role fit into this offense now that we'll be putting more of an emphasis on the recievers. Where is the negativity in that? Maybe you should find something better to do than nitpick my posts.

Last year KC had 5 players with over 30 catches. Kennison, Gonzalez and Parker had over 500yds (Kennison had over 1,000 and Gonzalez had 900)

Larry Johnson rushed for 1750yds and Priest Holmes added 450.

Saunders did an excellent job of spreading the ball to everyone, on the ground and threw the air. We should expect the same.

Now this is the type of response I wanted to see. I like how the Chiefs had so much balance. Larry Johnson was still able to dominate, and at least two recievers had 900 yards or more. I'd hate for Moss' numbers to fall, but it seems like that is more likely to happen than not.

When I was reading his answer, it got me thinking Cooley's numbers may fall. He never even mentioned Cooley all through his response, and CC was our second best recieving option last season.

Their probably won't be enough balls to go around for everybody, someone's numbers have to decline. Yet I'll take that as long as it gives us the chance to be a more productive offense.

Does anyone know the run/pass ratio of the Kansas City chiefs the last few seasons? It could be a very big indicator to if our recievers will improve on their previous numbers or not.

I think Cooley will be just fine. With everyone spread out on our WR's, Cooley will be even more open than last year. Look at what Tony G has done in the same position in KC.

I think Cooley will be just fine. With everyone spread out on our WR's, Cooley will be even more open than last year. Look at what Tony G has done in the same position in KC.

In all honesty though, who did Tony G. have to worry about as far as WR's? Johhnie Morton, Dante Hall, Marc Boerigter, Eddie Kennison, and Sammie Parker.

We should keep Thrash instead of Patten - He is more valuable on Special Teams and is a better clutch receiver and "core" Resdskin.

Hey everyone - first comment.

Whats up Smitty! :point2sky

:welcome:

We will keep Thrash, atleast thats the smart thing to do. He is a perfect fit for special teams and can step up as a WR when called upon as good as any 4th receiver can.

I do not see us truly getting rid of Patten either. I would not be surprised if we did though, because he is just strickly a WR and we have three of those before him. He provides us with the added depth that killed us last year.

KC tended to use other options outside of their flankers. Tight ends and the backfield always put up nice recieving yards, so I'd suspect the WR's numbers to decrease, specifically Moss'.

As with Cooley, as I said, just look at KC's Tony.

Archived