Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Brunell make pro bowl with new receivers?

bbuzz1962

No he won't, he'll have a pro bowl season but remeber fans get to vote for who they pic.

And don't forget, almost all the fans get their info from the media, who hates us, therefore the fans hate us. NFC will get vick, hasselback, favre or delhomme.

Why do you think CP wasn't in there last year? OR ST.

It's all about the superbowl anyways.

Brunell's been hurt in twelve of 14 seasons, four out of the last five. It depends on how late he's hurt in the season and/or whether he has enough left to be playing well by season's end.

Judging from the past, I don't give him much of a chance regardless of his obvious skill. His age will do him in.

Everyone think Campbell is going to start is grossly ignorant in how Gibbs coaches. Gibbs has and will ALWAYS start the seasoned veteran over the young guy. Brunell had a helluva year last year. He deserved a Pro Bowl selection, but was shafted. After all he did for this team, it is disgraceful the way many on the board have treated Brunell.

First, Mark has to be the Redskins starter. I do think he will be because he earned it last season.

Second, the offensive line needs to stay healthy so that he has the protection he needs to be able to hit his second or third receiver. While our first string OL are quite good I don't think we have very good depth.

Third, Last season Mark seemed to only throw to two receivers Santana and Chris. Why was the second WR was not a factor? Was it really that when Patten got hurt none of the other WR were talented enough to do the job? My opinion is that Mark looked to Santana and if he wasn't open then look to Chris and if he wasn't open then throw it away. It seemed to me that most passing plays were designed for Mark to roll out to his left and thus narrowed the field to that side. For the addition of these new receivers to really make an impact the passing plays need to have less roll-outs and more pocket passing. Certainly defenses know that when faced with fast second and third WRs the way to counter their contribution is to get to the QB before he has a chance to look for his second and third receiver.

So, will the addition of a couple new receivers make a big difference? Only if our pass protection is good enough. To answer the question ... I think Mark will make the Pro-Bowl because I think he is accurate enough, is very good at making smart decisions, and our OL is very good. But the main reason that will make our offense better than last season is our new offensive head coach will design an offense that will mix the play calling much more and really keep defenses guessing (more passes on first down, screens and draws, HB sweeps with some HB passes and reverses).

:2cents:

All we need is a qb that can manage a game, and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. Who ever that is, has the potential to make it to the Pro Bowl, because of saunder's system. Last year he had 5 players with more than 30 catches, 3 of them (Kennison, Gonzalez and Parker had over 500 yds). All of this was done with Larry Johnson amassing 1750 rushing yards. The Chiefs supporting cast is not as talented as what we have from top to bottom (Larry Johnson, Eddie Kennison, Tony Gonzalez, Sammie Parker and Dante Hall VS. Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Brandon Lloyd, Randle El and David Patten). When Does the Season Start!?!?!?!? HAIL!

Everyone think Campbell is going to start is grossly ignorant in how Gibbs coaches. Gibbs has and will ALWAYS start the seasoned veteran over the young guy. Brunell had a helluva year last year. He deserved a Pro Bowl selection, but was shafted. After all he did for this team, it is disgraceful the way many on the board have treated Brunell.

It's amazing that Redskin fans are treating Brunell with this much hate. I have to agree with you Taylor. We make the playoffs for the first time in what seemed eternity, and won a game and lost to the eventual SuperBowl rep for the NFC. Had we been healthy, we would of won the Seattle game, no doubt.

To disrespect a quarterback the way a lot of Redskin fans have is ludicrous. To think a rookie will start, and have great sucess, is arogant. Let's let the coaches figure the starting lineup out. I hope all of you betting against Brunell, haven't bet too much.

Archived