Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

You also have to watch this one guy who says he is from UK. He says he is selling them for his boss. $1000 for 4 club seat level. He didn't realize he was being dumb and said the payment would be done through an escrow. His problem with the escrow scenerio is legit escrow companies say that the money is in a seperate account until the buyer gets the item and notify' them that it is what it is. He said all of this in his advertisement. The only thing is I thought about it and the Redskins don't release any tickets until the end of July. I called Redskins to verify that there wasn't certain corporate tickets that got released early. They indicated nobody gets tickets until late July. Everybody need be aware of this. I almost fell for thinking I was getting a lifetime deal and was anxious as I don't know.

My wife fell for the same thing last year. When I realized that she sent a western union transaction and noticed that eBay stronlgy urges people not to do this, i started doing some research. None of the email adresses matched employees of the so called "third-party-transaction" . . . they even hada bunk website (I was able to see the links were all bogus by viewing the HTML source code). Luckily for us i called Western Union and cancelled to order before it had been cahsed. Luckily the guy lives in England so it was probably 4am their time. I filed a fraud report with eBay and his auction was removed immeidately. I'm surprised he still has the balls to keep shqwoing up. Someone needs to put his butt in jail. Be very careful, only use Paypal . . and worst case scenario, you can find scalpers in the lot if need be.

Mark you are on the case. Thanks for the informative posts concerning the seating. I am working a deal with a close friend of mine for some "Obstructed View" seats. We are discussing me purchasing half the season with the parking pass for face value. He insists that there is a great chance that the seats will be upgraded but he will not know for sure until mid summer.

He has been clear that a pillar blocks some 15 yards of view, so I know what I am getting into. The price is right and it is a good way to lock up half the season early, after all, can you put a price on a good Redskin Tailgate?

When I have the exact Section, Row and seat number I will PM you if you dont mind and get your input on these seats specifically.

Thanks. See you for the Jets game.:cheers:

The problem with the upgrade is the new cost. Two years ago, an upgrade would cost you $10 per seat per game. Now the upgrade costs you $78 per seat per game. That is a significant amount of money. And, suddenly, the obstructed view seats don't look so bad, particularly when you consider they are under cover from the rain, and if it's not raining, you can simply move to unobstructed view seats somewhere else in the stadium later in the game. There are always empty seats somewhere.

See you there!

Mark, are the face value of these seats the same as the others?

Hi, the new price on the obstructed view seats for 2006 dropped down to $32 each, per seat per game. There are other "limited view" seats in the area where the block is not so bad, usually just a corner of the endzone. I'm not sure what the price of those are this year. Last year they were $59 or $69 depending on how far back you were (the obstructed views were $49 last year). There are other seats in this area with a clear view. They were $79 last year. I'd imagine they are $110 this year with all the other lower levels.

My wife fell for the same thing last year. When I realized that she sent a western union transaction and noticed that eBay stronlgy urges people not to do this, i started doing some research. None of the email adresses matched employees of the so called "third-party-transaction" . . . they even hada bunk website (I was able to see the links were all bogus by viewing the HTML source code). Luckily for us i called Western Union and cancelled to order before it had been cahsed. Luckily the guy lives in England so it was probably 4am their time. I filed a fraud report with eBay and his auction was removed immeidately. I'm surprised he still has the balls to keep shqwoing up. Someone needs to put his butt in jail. Be very careful, only use Paypal . . and worst case scenario, you can find scalpers in the lot if need be.

Wow, you got lucky.

I saw that guy too last year. If you checked his other items for sale, he had "tickets" in ten different stadiums he was trying to sell. I turned him into ebay repeatedly, and they shut him down over and over. He'd just open up again under a new seller name.

My season tickets are Section 221, Row 20, seat 1 & 2.....they are on the end of the row, and i have virtually no obstruction. i am not seeing a VERY VERY small portion of the left endzone...you cant see it from these pictures, but the first one is the view sitting down in my seats, pre-game before the game against the Cowboys. The second one is a view standing where my seats were going to be, before they had been put in. They allowed me to come out and look at the seats before i payed for them.

Viewfrommyseats.jpg

scan.jpg

I live in Florida and sell my tickets every year. I have noticed people selling season tickets they are usually near the 50 and almost always near the 1st row. They say that they are overseas and need to get rid of thier tickets. They are currently selling 4 tickets in the 1st row of the 50 for only $1000. This is a scam. I have seen the same seats advertised with different sellers. Buyer beware!!!

I was looking for tickets and I saw row 220 row 23. Are these obstructed? It says they are on the 35 yd line

Probably. Make sure you're buying from a reputable seller. Ask direct questions. Don't accept vague answers. Try to get the seat number, then determine how close to the aisle you are (the closer the better).

• 2 weeks later...
Okay here's the first major blatant eBay Redskins Ticket scam of the 2006 season:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6624992614&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D6624992614%26fvi%3D1

This auction will be shut down by eBay before you know it.

What was the issue? The auction is no longer active.

He's at it again. This time he hijacked somebody's ebay account. Same email though. He's posting a bunch of nfl tickets all over the league. All Row 1, 50 yardline seats. All dirt cheap. I'm turning him in to ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6626056297&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D6626056297%26fvi%3D1

Sheesh, he's at it again. Third time in a week, third different seller account, same guy, same scam. EBay should just hire me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6626328120&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D6626328120%26fvi%3D1

How does this guy operate? Does he collect the 1k and then bolt? How can he continue to do it without punishment?

How does this guy operate? Does he collect the 1k and then bolt? How can he continue to do it without punishment?

I remember this guy from last year. He uses aol for email so people will think he's in the states. How he hijacks ebay accounts I can only guess. He might just randomly choose accounts and try "abcd" for a password. If he does that a hundred times, he may find one idiot who uses abcd. Then he has an account with good feedback that he can scam with, which is really dangerous. Most of the scams like this involve a money transfer via Western Union. It's hard to prosecute guys like him, especially when they're overseas.

The seller is selling seats waaaaay in the back of 213. At best these are "Limited View" seats. They may even be "Obstructed View" seats. Seller does not mention the overhang, the pillars, the view, or anything else. His photo is a misrepresentation, it is a photo from section 113, not 213. From the seller's seats, you won't see the sky, or even the scoreboard on the far side of the field, due to the ceiling overhang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6627611778&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D6627611778%26fvi%3D1

I liked the view in the section I was in it was like the 400's I want to say it was 421 but I cant remember...the only problem was the fans at that level were pretty weak. I was told to sit down by somebody at one point because I was blocking their view.

Reminded me of fans at a polo game sittin on the side giving a golf clap and softly saying: "tally, ho ole chaps! Ripping good sport we have here today, no?"

I want to get seats in the lower section some time but the club level seats are free from my dad's work...

I have had good luck with purchasing tix on E-bay. Just be careful and ask questions. Last year I got a very good deal for 3 section 401 isle tix plus parking for around $200

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave::wave: :wave:

Archived