Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free agents -- We let them go, or no?

RIDETHEWALRUS

Uh, nope.

The situation is different is all. No matter how impressed Randle El is, it is not unreasonable to expect he wonders at the number of balls that can come his way in an offense that already has two good receivers. Maybe Andre Carter entered free agency ONLY wishing to play end and he's being asked to play linebacker, or, again, vice versa. We're so targeted now with fewer gaps to fill, you start running up against internal competition and player expectation more than you have when you've had more weaknesses and a wider focus.

We're going to come out of the opening rush with a number of quality guys. Remember, we don't let those we actually covet go like you do. :).

Art I totally agree with you that this is a remarkably unimpressive group ranging from the over-hyped to the recently invisible and none of them is anywhere near a must sign for the Skins but it just seemed to me your post was much more "Leaving on a Jet Plane" now than the "Hotel California" you exibited earlier.

BTW....Expect to read soon about the Browns signing Darren Howard because he's visiting the Eagles today.

Art I totally agree with you that this is a remarkably unimpressive group ranging from the over-hyped to the recently invisible and none of them is anywhere near a must sign for the Skins but it just seemed to me your post was much more "Leaving on a Jet Plane" now than the "Hotel California" you exibited earlier.

BTW....Expect to read soon about the Browns signing Darren Howard because he's visiting the Eagles today.

Hotel Redskins Park was a three year old post if you bothered to look. It was supposed to be amusing, but, indeed the qualities remain. We get who we want to get. We never miss when it's our greatest hope to add someone. Other than Randle El no one in the free agent group you've seen attached to us is at all over hyped. But, it's good to see you've already formulated your coping mechanism should we get them all.

Who says they all left?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/redskins/2006-03-11-lloyd-market_x.htm

An official within the league told The Associated Press that the team was in varying states of negotiations with the four players, some of whom were accompanied by their agents. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks were continuing.

I think out of the 4 visitors, Carter is the most likely to sign today. Collins and AA would be close seconds.

My main concern with ARE is that he will likely be looking at playing time when deciding which team to go. While nothing is etched in stone, you would figure that he would be the no.3 in WAS, where he could be the No.2 (worst case) in CHI.

All depends on his motivation, if it comes down to money then he is the skins' to lose, if it comes down to PT, the competition stiffens.

I think the talk about ARE being caught up in being #2 or #3 or whatever is irrelevant. Gibbs has spearheaded two offenses (SD and WA) that featured 3-1,000 yard receivers in the same season. His receivers will get plenty of activity once he gets the right ones.

I think the talk about ARE being caught up in being #2 or #3 or whatever is irrelevant. Gibbs has spearheaded two offenses (SD and WA) that featured 3-1,000 yard receivers in the same season. His receivers will get plenty of activity once he gets the right ones.

Our QB's better have their arms loosened up, that's a lot of throwin'.

But I agree, there are plenty of positives for ARE to sign here, he will be busy in the offense and on ST.

Archived