Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martyball in San Diego

danfan

I bet you that there really drinking the kool aid in San Diego this week and they have the Texans this weekend. IMHO the Bungles game was no test whatsoever and it's just a matter of time before the Chargers implode. Maybe not this weekend but sooner rather than later.

On another note WHEN we beat the fecals Monday, it will sure be a better showing than Martyball's last Monday night fiasco!

I hope the Chargers play well and make the playoffs.

Marty wasn't a good fit here and I'm glad to have Spurrier, but I hold no ill will against him. On the contrary, I wish him success. The job he did with this team has been at least PART of the foundation for what Spurrier will build here. Washington was in need of discipline and stinginess with the salary cap. Marty provided both, perhaps too much in the discipline side, but hey, no one's perfect. :)

I hated what MS did to the team at the start of last year. And I calmed down at the end except after the 2nd Dallas loss.:cuss:

He did fix some of the personnel issues...got to hand it to 'em there. But the KC coaching did not work here on offense. That was not Redskin football. It's funny that he kept the Norvoffense in place in SD. I guess an old dog can learn some new tricks just not soon enough for him to stay in DC.

It's funny that he kept the Norvoffense in place in SD. I guess an old dog can learn some new tricks just not soon enough for him to stay in DC. [/b]

Actually, I don't think he had any real choice in this matter. San Diego wasn't willing to hand him over all the reins here the way Danny Boy did. They insisted on Butler retaining personnel managers and handpicking an OC. Like when Vermeil was forced to take on Martz in 99.

Here are the actual stats:

Brees 15-19 for 160 yrds (no other pass attempts)

Rushing

Tomlinson 21-114

Fletcher 16-73

They also ran 2 WR runs, 1 to Conway, 1 to Dwight.

Brees had 5 attempts, but who knows why that was, probably scrambling on pass attempts. And 1 attempt by McCrary

So taking out the Brees runs thats 40 runs, and 19 passes.

Those stats are deceptive, though.

San Diego got out to a big lead so why wouldn't they run the ball more to keep the clock moving and shorten the game ... especially when the running game was working. To pass at that point wouldn't be very smart so you would expect to see stats skewed toward the run.

I don't hold any ill will towards Marty. I simply agree with Dan Snyder's comment in the Newsweek interview that Marty is a 1960's football coach. We now have the HBC of the new millenium who will bring back the glory days of the 80's and early 90's. I am supremely confident of this. I hope Martyball works in San Diego but somehow I doubt it will

That's why I drafted L.Thomlinson in my fantasy football league.

Paid off great in week 1 and should continue to do so.

Watch for L.Thomlinson to put up some great numbers this year, and maybe the league by the time it's all said and done.

he only netted 16 points in my league. all three of my running backs did better than that.

Travis Henry 30 poits

stephen Davis 20 poits

Priest Holmes 36 poits

I don't say this to gloat (well, ok, just little), but because I'm just not sold on Thomlinson.

Archived