Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Royal signs with Bills (Merged / WP Artilcle)

chow184

Interest in Archuleta means one of two things to me, we have no plans to resign Clark or we've talked to Sean's lawyers and really think he's going to do time.

I don't agree. Archuleta is being brought in to replace Bowen as a SS that plays close to the line. He is an effective blitzer. Plus GWilliams often puts 4 safeties on the field, especially on 3rd down passing situations.

More cap space to go after a real TE, one that can catch and block. For those of you who think he was so great, did you notice almost evertime he caught the ball he turned upfield standing straight up. He never lowered his shoulder to prepare for a hit, hence him getting the snot knocked out of him all the time. I bet his YAC is all but non existent as well. Most of you will dismiss this as Gibbs not using TE's to catch but for blocking, but do you think if he had a decent TE who could catch that he wouldn't take advantage of that. Please!

This team has been TE deficient for a very long time and I for one think it's about time to get a decent one that can open up our offense a little more. If we have a TE that's an actual receiving threat defenses will have to cover him with a LB, one less LB in the box, you do the math. RR was a good guy but was no means a good enough football player to get the amount of money that Buffalo's going to pay him. Good bye and good luck. Now let's go get ourselves a real TE.

He's a decent TE, but for $2.5 million I really can't argue with him jumping ship. There's no way we should pay that kind of money to our 3rd most important TE/H-back. I wouldn't have wanted the skins to offer half of that.

You just had a feeling in his interview where he said along the lines that he thinks he's worth big money and could have his family financially set with what he thought he was worth, that he would probably be gone (Clark). Might have also been a hint to the FO, but unfortunately I have a feeling he will be gone.

Archived