Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

But will we get a defensive end.

MAX POWER

I dont know if its FAR from undersized. He was moved to OLB for a reason wasnt he?

And besides, look at our other DEs.

Daniels 285

Wynn 292

Evans 280

Compared to them, yes Carter is undersized.

He was moved to OLB because the 9ers switched to a 3-4 defense.

and they are all run stuffers not pass rushers most pass rushing DEs are 260-275...

Yeah, Im just saying there might be reason we dont have anyone like that on the roster...Im not sure that we are looking at Carter to play DE every down. But if we are, Id be happy with that, because I do think we need a DE who can rush the passer.

I dont know if its FAR from undersized. He was moved to OLB for a reason wasnt he?

And besides, look at our other DEs.

Daniels 285

Wynn 292

Evans 280

Compared to them, yes Carter is undersized.

The demands for a DE playing in the 3-4 are different from those of one playing in the 4-3. He excelled as a DE in the 4-3 and it made more sense for him to be a LB in the 3-4.

Robert Mathis is undersized at 234. Being a pass-rushing, quick DE and considering that 260-280 is about average for all DEs... 265 seems far from undersized in my opinion.

carter is the same size or bigger than. . john abraham, jason taylor, jevon kearse, KGB, dwight freeney (though i think he may have beefed-up a little) so i think he'll make a fine DE a pass rushing front four is immensely important to a good defense. imagine if we got pressure WITHOUT blitzing. Oh BTW he will more htan liekly take daniels' place at right DE the traditional pass rusher position. hopefully evans will start on the other side.

I really don't want him as our DE, dont you guys htink it would be better for him as our lB? it would solve our problem. Heres what we could do..................Have Carter be our linebacker, and on 3rd down slip in Clemons to pass rush and Carter to the DL...then our LB problem would be solved

look guys carter is not a LB he is a s-4 lb i guess but that is basically a 4-3 de with some coverage responsibilities. he also stuggled at LB last year with SF. he is a DE. clemens will be the LB unless we pick someone else up. don't wish for carter to be a LB in our schemes he isn't that kind of player. might as well put griffin out there lol

note the 12 sacks as a DE and the 2 sacks as a LB lasst year. . .

I think we have the advantage of attracting great talent to our D because we are PROVEN. I hope we sign Carter.

If we get Carter, I think he'll play his natural position, DE, and get 8-10 sacks. We'll be looking, if we get Carter, for a DT, and a weak side linebacker, but not hard enough to lose forcus on another WR, S, and TE.

What I'm curious about is the seeming lack of interest in a kicker and a CB at this point, but then again we don't know everything.

Archived