Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No surprises: Transactions for 3/10

Art

I love it when Andyman chimes in.

It's amazing, isn't it?

We had to cut four guys who didn't play for us last year and one who did have a role. Seems pretty clear we'd have been under the cap regardless of the CBA situation without a total roster overhaul. Think Schefter and the rest of the dopes will figure out we're under the cap without sweating?

Think Schefter and the rest of the dopes will figure out we're under the cap without sweating?

no, they'll say the Redskins "dodged a bullet" and would have been finished without the $102 million salary cap. conveniently ignoring that the current roster and contracs were constructed based on just such a cap eventuality.

It's amazing, isn't it?

We had to cut four guys who didn't play for us last year and one who did have a role. Seems pretty clear we'd have been under the cap regardless of the CBA situation without a total roster overhaul. Think Schefter and the rest of the dopes will figure out we're under the cap without sweating?

Ummmm....nope. :)

no, they'll say the Redskins "dodged a bullet" and would have been finished without the $102 million salary cap. conveniently ignoring that the current roster and contracs were constructed based on just such a cap eventuality.

The real question is do you guys get pissed or are you laughing your well..you know...off at these fools.

Keep up the good work. :cheers:

I'm not happy Harris is gone because he was a quality veteran corner and insurance against injury. Now, if we make up for the loss and get better here, that's great and that's highly possible :). So, given we likely have a plan in place to improve, it's not a big deal. In August if we don't add any more corners, I'll probably wonder what happened :).

Agreed, but he was too expensive for what he brings to the table. Might as well draft a young guy or two to back up Springs, Rogers and Jimoh.

Course, if he doesn't find any suitors out there, we could get him back cheap.

Jason

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS TERMINATE THE FOLLOWING VESTED VETERANS DESIGNATED AS FAILED PHYSICAL:

Tom Tupa P Ohio State

Cory Raymer OC Wisconsin

Brandon Noble DT Penn State

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS TERMINATE THE FOLLOWING VESTED VETERANS:

Walt Harris DB Mississippi State

Matt Bowen S Iowa

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN THE FOLLOWING PLAYER:

Rock Cartwright RB Kansas State

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS TENDER THE FOLLOWING PLAYER THE 1ST ROUND COMPENSATION RFA TENDER:

Derrick Dockery OL Texas

Because of the rule of 51 the cuts save about 5.5M and the 1st rd tender would use about 1.2M and Cartwright would add about 200K so that's about a 4M net effect savings.

Thank goodness for good planning.

True enough. I've said on this board before and I'll say again, I ALMOST wish there was no CBA extension just for a permanent shove it for such people. Of course, that wish will quickly disappear when the Royal Caribbean cruise ship with new Redskins docks at 12:01 a.m. :).

No comments on Bowen? Nothin'? I mean I'm not stunned or anything but the guy played hard here, you'd think he could get a little something on the way out the door......

The Skins showed Bowen the door, but he missed it when he took a bad angle...

Archived