Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP - Jets closing in on Patrick Ramsey Deal

If you think that is drinking koolaid then...there isn't anything I can say to change your mind.

There are a few people whose stance on an issue is so adamant, rigid, and relentessly unchanging in even the slightest deviation, that you woudn't change their mind if you detonated a thermonuclear device inside their skull.

OK, I heard this when I woke up, now I have to hop in here. (Stats provided where needed because I don't feel like doing work today)

While the Feeley deal blew up in the Dolphins face, Feeley was a high commodity when the Dolphins traded . He did go 5-0 (eagle fans confirm for me please) when he started for the Eagles in 2002. Show me when Ramsey went 5-0?

First, he doesn't want to be here. Gibbs gets players that don't want to be here out as quickly as he can. Again, we're lucky to be getting ANYTHING for him, especially where his value is now.

Ramsey is not better than: Eli, Brunell, McNabb, Bledsoe, Favre, Culpepper, Delhomme, Vick, Simms, Bulger, Hasselbek, or Warner in the NFC.

AFC- He's not better than Brady, Frerotte, McNair, Leftwich, Peyton, Carr, Roethlesburger, Palmer, Collins, Plummer, Brees, or Trent Green.

So the 8 qb's left are: Harrington, Pennington, C Frye, A Brooks, A Smith, Grossman, Losman, & K Boller.

Most of them are young QB's who are being groomed, why start over with another unproven player like Ramsey? You can take out San Fran, New Orleans (since they'll be getting Leinart), Chicago, Buffalo, & Cleveland.

So that leaves the Jets, Detroit, & Baltimore.

The Lions SCREAM for a veteran QB. Maybe you'll get lucky because Matt Millen is an idiot. Baltimore wants Daunte, not another Boller-esqe clone.

An early 4th is fine by me.....

The Jets pick is an early 4th....

Ramsey isn't proven enough. We haven't overcompensated in FA in two years

Thank you, this post is perfect.

TD was a 6th rounder, Favre was a second.......

So what are you trying to say? :D

So I'm curious...when would you let a QB play with "no game experience". Three years...what difference would it make he still wouldn't have "game experience" Four years...ever? At some point you just have to cut the chord and find out if he can do it. He's had a year's worth of learning and an all star supporting cast. May as well see what he can do.

Oh I am not debating when Campbell (or any quarterback) should get in the game. I am just saying that I think he wont be any good. at all. And before someone else gives me the Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls so he knows more than you speech. Its ok, don't worry about it. I love you Joe, but that was 15 years ago and this is a whole hell of another game. (disclaimer-I am not saying Joe can't still coach, just that hes human and can still make personnel mistakes)

I really don't know why I keep coming back to this thread.

Mort said on the radio today that the Vikings would be happy if they got a second rounder for DAUNTE CULPEPPER. Even off of a catastrophic knee injury, Culpepper is worth significantly more than Patrick Ramsey.

Pat's a third stringer at this point. I wouldn't call him an up & comer either. Even he realizes it. He's agreeing to a trade where AT BEST, he can compete for a job with a guy with a crippled shoulder.

Any GM who would give us a 2nd round pick should be fired on the spot

Well I will go with Pat Kirwin's Opinion of Ramsey over yours.

Archived