Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter is ready for Monday Night~!

NoCalMike

I know the focus this season will be on Arrington, but for 2 games I will keep some special attention in Trotter's direction. I hope he takes out all his aggresion on McNabb and Staley and the Eagles O-line. Oh and we just paid market value for him, we didn't overpay. Eagles fans need to stop whining. If Arrington left the Skins with a big contract, I would not feel some team over paid him(as long as he gets better at the rate he currently is). I am so excited for Monday Night. I am taking off work early to get home in time to see the ***-kicking~!

I will also be asking off work on Monday night....just to take it all in. Trotter and the hit men will make a mockery of the Eagles. As Smoot says, "we don't need nothing." Even with a gimpy DIESEL DAVIS we can count on at least two defensive touchdowns. Arrington will not have back to back mediocre games and Trotter is going to do his Dexter Manley imitation on Monday night. We all remember how Dexter took out Danny White in the NFC Championship game. Beware Donovan Mc Nabb! The Eagles will lose...they will be lucky just leaving Washington in one piece at this point.

No one has to worry about Lavar. Lack of huge plays last game doesn't mean he didn't play solid. And Trotter will be a beast and hopefully make Donovan do that breakdancing move (the windmill, as I recall) a few times. The happy surprise here is that Ds will probably be focusing on Lavar and Trotter, so Jesse gets to make more plays. He looked like a superhero out there on Sunday.

Let's just hope Trotter is a lot better when it comes to backing up these statements than that major arsehole we had last year Senor Tony "No Brains":toilet: :toilet: :toilet: Banks :gus: :gus: :gus: . I got so disgusted with him saying before both the Dallas games how he was gonna show them what a mistake it was for them to let him go - and then promptly stinking up the place, reassuring Jerrah that it was the first bright personnel move he'd made in years. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I think these "revenge" games when players face their former teams are largely media hype.

Trotter's problems were with the Eagle organization, not with the players who'll be playing the game this Monday night. Many of these guys are friends of his and he won't be looking to hurt any of these guys or "blow up on them".

When you think about it, an offenisive player like Brian Mitchell stands a better chance of exacting revenge on his former team because his sole goal is to get the ball in the endzone and avoid contact while doing it.

For someone like Trotter, his goal is to stop the offense from scoring but it's unlikely that he'll want to hit someone so hard as to cause them injury.

Now if Sapp and Strahan were playing against each other, you'd probably find one or both of them looking to take the other out.

Reporter:

"So, Jeremiah. The Eagles let you go under awkward circumstances – some would say even disrespectful, based on your performance there over the years. Your differences of opinion with Andy Reid have been well documented. Many in Philadelphia have also suggested that you perhaps benefitted from the system run by DC Jimmy Johnson, and that some of your statistics over the past two season might be inflated as a result, and that in your new position with the Redskins and DC Marvin Lewis, your skills may not translate as well. A few have even suggested that the Eagles may be better off without your services at this point. So tell us ... just how excited are you at the prospect of facing the team that let you go; with the chance to put them in an 0-2 hole to start the season, and to perhaps vindicate yourself in the eyes of your new team, your old team, the National Football League, your family, yourself as a man, and, of course, your God?"

Jeremiah Trotter:

[hesitates ... ]

"I can't wait for the opportunity to play them."

Reporter:

"WASHINGTON, DC, 9/10/02 (AP) – Washington Redskins middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, released this offseason by the Philadelphia Eagles for cap– and (though team sources will not confirm this) team chemistry-related reasons, was not shy about expressing his desire to face his former mates, and hopefully extract some measure of revenge from them, for the disrespect he believes his release and several subsequent comments have shown him.

In a broad-ranging conversations with reporters about the two division opponent's meeting this week on Monday Night Football, the often-injured linebacker offered a terse pronouncement. Trotter's voice fairly quivered with emotion as he spoke, his eyes reflecting a depth of animus and rage rarely seen, even in this often brutal sport: "I can't wait for the opportunity to play them."

The Eagles could not be reached for comment."

"...the often-injured linebacker..."

Uh, is this one of those posts where I don't detect the sarcasm or is this an actual quote from an article? Trotter has been a rock and hasn't missed much if any (don't quote me on that) games due to injury. What's the deal?

HERE'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED WITH TROTTER:

He was a GREAT team chemistry guy who is a good football player that would be great if he would not hit the wrong hole on too many plays and leave the middle of the field open. (From what I've heard Marvin Lewis has been working with him on this)

The Eagles' organization wanted him around for between $3-4 million a year. He wanted between $5.5-6.5. Both side felt like the other was being ridiculous.

That's when the organization started leaking out (terrible move) that JT was a bad locker room guy and has injury problems because he hurt his knee early in COLLEGE! and missed (only) a couple of quarters in teh Oakland game last year. Trotter was extremely upset by what he felt was character assassination (and who wouldn't be) and they parted on bad terms.

BOTTOM LINE: You can't pay Trotter $6 million when Hugh Douglas, Donovan McNabb, Tra Thomas and Brian Dawkins' contracts are all coming up in the next few years. These players are all more valuable than Trotter and he was the odd man out. I wish him the best of luck. He plays hard on every snap.

Correction phantom:the eagles final offer was a 1 year deal worth 5.5 million which was the "franchise player" top 5 average. He should have taken it an been happy with being the third highest player at his position. Look 6 and seven year deals are nice but their backloaded and always get restructured. Bottom line is he'll be a nice player for the skins over the next 3 to 4 years and the WILL become a cap casuality. At least he will be able to afford the Mike TYson 24000 square foot home.

He was a GREAT team chemistry guy who is a good football player that would be great if he would not hit the wrong hole on too many plays and leave the middle of the field open. (From what I've heard Marvin Lewis has been working with him on this)

Oh, please. Quit making sh!t up. Are you going to claim an inside source to info on OUR team that we Skins fans do not have? Cause I have never, EVER heard what you claim. I could just as well say that I've Heard that Trotter left the Eagles because he hated being on the same team with so many flaming fags.:jerkoff:

Yes yomar just please let this post ring a bell in the dark cavarness skulls of some of the posters here. WE OFFERED HIM THE 5.5 MILLION THAT IS REQUIRED WHEN YOU SLAP THE FRANCHISE TAG ON A PLAYER IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND. iGUESS WE ARE SO CHEAP FOR TRYING TO MAKE HIM THE THIRD HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT HIS POSITION IN THE NFL. Now all idiots please refrain from saying that the eagles wont pat their players you are making yourself sound foolish. And yes you gave him the signing bonus that he wanted but look at the numbers in the contract. There on this site. If YOU cant pay him in those last three years he will leave your butt too!

Funny thing that Philly fans have to come to a Skins forum to learn about their own team.

Philadelphia screwed up by placing the franchise tag on Trotter to begin with. This is even before any numbers we're being discussed.

Trotter felt the Eagle organization was handicaping the process for determining what his market value was. Fact is, the Ealges may have been able to sign him for the offerred 5.5 million or less had they let the process play out. Instead, they gambled that Trotter wouldn't get upset and be happy with the "average" salary that is required for a franchise player. They lost that gamble and in turn, lost a valuable player.

Please Kurp dont flatter yourself. I dont come here to learn about MY team. I come here to get the inside articles on yours and HOPEFULLY have an educated discussion on football. Regardless of the outcome of mondaynights game I will be back. And the stupid metaphores "ruffeled feathers" is somehting I could do without. Look, if you post here as a redskins fan understand when someone from an opposing team is bringing a constructive argument vs.homerism. I would expect that from the official sites' message board!

You don't like my post. Too F'in bad you smackoff. Did you not post this.

Originally posted by phanatic

Yes yomar just please let this post ring a bell in the dark cavarness skulls of some of the posters here

Do not come here and spew insults if your not man enough to get a few back. Noone belittled you in this thread before you posted the above comment. And if you don't like our attitude towards your team just remember noone asked you to log in here. You came to a SKINS board and initiated the smack talk. All you want to do is have a inteligent football conversation. Bull$hit.

Archived