Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Ledger:Arrington keeps Giants on front burner (Retitled)

skull1669

Read Article Here

Arrington keeps Giants on front burner

Thursday, March 09, 2006 BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Though they have yet to go on their first date, free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington continues to flirt with the Giants.

In a radio interview with The Ticket (790 AM) in Miami yesterday, the former Redskin again alluded to the Giants as being among his top potential destinations. Midday show co-host Sid Rosenberg -- formerly of WFAN and still a Giants fan -- asked Arrington if he could convince him to play in East Rutherford next year.

"It's the NFC East, so it's an option, I'll tell you that," Arrington said. "I'd just love to bless (the Redskins) with my presence twice a year."

Well bring it Mista Arrington!!!!!

1) It was reported that the Giants don't have the kind of cap room that could afford Arrington, 2) The Poston's aren't going to allow him to sign for anything less than $40-$50 3) The Eagles don't pay huge money to their OWN players much less free agents. So the only ones that I see foolish enough to dish that kind of loot out is the Cowboys.

Please, if he was still here you would be defending him.

That quote is not trash talking.

He still has a lot to prove. The guy still has some amazing physical tools. I wish him the best except when he plays the Redskins.

Do you even remember some of the injuries he played through?

Thank you Lavar for your effort here, and good luck. Wish you could have stayed and experienced the playoffs again.

Besides Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis... what linebacker actually wins games for teams? He is a babbling idiot. He is unstable and bi-polar. Go ahead and go to the Giants, no one cares. This is Taylor's defense anyways.

Could just be me, but this one time, I heard of a guy named Brian that plays for the Bears? :silly:

Besides Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis... what linebacker actually wins games for teams? He is a babbling idiot. He is unstable and bi-polar. Go ahead and go to the Giants, no one cares. This is Taylor's defense anyways.

Then what will we do if Taylor gets an extended vacation at the Florida Pen Hilton?

You know what though, that article was taken TOTALLY out of context. Had you heard the entire radio broadcast live, he meant nothing of the sort. He also spoke of how he loves the fans and has no hard feelings, and that he loves it here in DC. He wants to be able to come back atleast once a year to be here.

Here is some more talk from LA on 3/7 on Scout.com

Q: Philly and New York need outside linebackers, you know.

A: I’m not prepared to discuss what the possibilities are. I’ll just wait and see. When you work for the Redskins, you’ve got a lot of teammates and coaches in different places. I haven’t been contacted by teams but I have relationships with teammates. A lot of situations could happen. I’d love to compete against the Redskins two times a year, but you never know.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/506421.html

Word. I couldn't care less if they sign him to some big contract to chew up their salary cap space, and if he does I hope he opens his mouth just once to say something negative about the Redskins to give the players some bulletin board material. Al Saunders will confuse the daylights out of the guy on game day. Like people have said, I wish him luck too, but I don't worry about him against us.

"It's the NFC East, so it's an option, I'll tell you that," Arrington said. "I'd just love to bless (the Redskins) with my presence twice a year."

If he signs with a NFC East team, Jansen/Thomas/Rabach/Dockery/Samuels suddenly learn how to cutblock.

Word. I couldn't care less if they sign him to some big contract to chew up their salary cap space, and if he does I hope he opens his mouth just once to say something negative about the Redskins to give the players some bulletin board material. Al Saunders will confuse the daylights out of the guy on game day. Like people have said, I wish him luck too, but I don't worry about him against us.

Yeah, right! His situation was nothing but a bunch of smoke filled coffe house bull sh^%$#@. We better hope he doesn't stay in the NFC East because he wil have a Pro Bowl game everytime he plays us. Also hope that Wash and Mars doesn't get hurt or we're really done...mean time just fine a replacement for LA...Carolinia may be a choice. Bottom line in the years he wasn't hurt that would be 3 he went to the Pro Bowl...so we'll see.

Here is some more talk from LA on 3/7 on Scout.com

Q: Philly and New York need outside linebackers, you know.

A: I’m not prepared to discuss what the possibilities are. I’ll just wait and see. When you work for the Redskins, you’ve got a lot of teammates and coaches in different places. I haven’t been contacted by teams but I have relationships with teammates. A lot of situations could happen. I’d love to compete against the Redskins two times a year, but you never know.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/506421.html

Thanks for the link !

If you don't think that Skins gameplan would give high priority on stopping Lavar you are mistaken. I might remind some that Greg Williams "system" still was only 9th best in the NFL, and seemed to be alot better with Lavar, than without. I don't relish facing the guy.

Yeah, right! His situation was nothing but a bunch of smoke filled coffe house bull sh^%$#@. We better hope he doesn't stay in the NFC East because he wil have a Pro Bowl game everytime he plays us. Also hope that Wash and Mars doesn't get hurt or we're really done...mean time just fine a replacement for LA...Carolinia may be a choice. Bottom line in the years he wasn't hurt that would be 3 he went to the Pro Bowl...so we'll see.

Riiiight...I'm not going to get into why I think we'll be better off without LaVar and his attitude around, since that's been beaten to death in pretty much every thread in the Stadium this past week, but I'll just say again that I'm not worried about him, it's not like we haven't played good LBs before and they didn't shut us down then (Urlacher, Brooks, Peterson, Trotter, etc.), so I'm not going to lose sleep over facing Arrington, especially with Al Saunders scheming up the offense now. We'll just agree to disagree. Also, I'm not sure what this curse word was supposed to represent, but it's probably the longest one I've seen yet- "bull sh^%$#@" :laugh: .

I can't believe what I am reading. Have you all read Michael Wilbon's last article on Lavar? I know many have actually played football, and can understand the problems with changing defense schemes 4/5 times in 6 years!

I can understand his disappointment with the club management when "a few million dollars" were missing from a contract extension TO HELP PROVIDE CAP RELIEF. (And yes make some money.) (Poston's are idiots, sign something worth MILLIONS without reading... idiots, complete idiots.) Can you blame him for being a little upset?

Lavar is a someone to build a defense around. ST should not be the face of the WASHINGTON REDSKINS defense. Don't get me wrong. Love his abilities. But I don't want a consistant rule breaker on and off the field being the "face" of my defense. Marcus Washington is for me. If he gets burnt, misses a tackle, he doesn't spit on players or get 15yd penalties on HIS team. It only fires him up more to make the next play and it shows in his fire and determination to win (within the rules.) HE, is a joy to watch, motor running 24/7!

Would we be upset if Brian Dawkins, Michael Strahan or Roy Williams came to Washington and the talked about how the loved facing there old team twice?

Just a hypothetical situation, do not jump my case about how we don't need Michael Strahan because he is at the end of his career or Brian Dawkins or Roy Williams because we have Sean Taylor.

Athletes come up with ways to motivate themselves.

This is classic LaVar.

He's seemingly obsessed with everything but winning.

Now he's talking about planning the rest of his career just so he can play us twice a year.

What a loser.

And if he does, you know all he's going to do against us is spaz out in front of the fans, miss assignments, talk trash in between plays, do lame glares across the line of scrimmage, blatantly jump offsides a couple times, and generally not do much else.

Archived