Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cardinals sign Fina and Roundtree to OL; Cowboys sign Darnay Scott

Atlanta Skins Fan

I got the sense that Fina selected Arizona - no other team really had a great chance (unless, of course, they offered a silly amount of money). I would have loved to have him for depth, but you can't go paying a temporary backup $1M+.

Roundtree is nothing over what the team has now.

What's the problem? You want them to start making panicky decisions?

The line made it through the Cards game and has a big test this week. It's still not a single solid unit yet but there's potential. Fina would have been ideal. I am in total agreement here with Sonny though. He picked the Cards because he can probably start there and not here.

Not sure what ASF is looking for and why he thinks we need to sign SOMEONE.

FYI, the sack we gave up yesterday was caused because Davis clipped Stai in the back of the leg when he went through the line and it buckled Stai to the ground and ARI got the sack.

Overall, the line played very well.

Increasing depth is always good. We have made some odd decisions or non decisions as far as aquisitions, unless the new mindset is not to really sign older veterans. Perhaps the reluctance with Coleman, Fina etc. wwas that Snyder, Vinnie, Mendes, et al. felt really burned by 2000 and want to find hungrier hopefully less injury prone players. Meaning that they think that the older veteran might be more susecptable to injury and their goal is to build o-line in more long term fashion. Of course, if this is their goal... then their draft strategy seems a little odd.

Archived