Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP article says Davis was limping today

GatorEye

GE,

Don't worry, SD will play...he's played with a lot worse than a slight groin pull. His "High Ankle Sprain" of two years would have crippled most people, but he continued to play on it (though he didn't practice). It kept him somewhat hobbled, but I think he ran for 1300+ yards that year.

(Steve, you knew this, but many newbies are on the board)

HTTR,

What worries me is that a pulled groin can take a long time to heal, especially if you keep aggravating it by running on it.

I'm a little concerned when he says he'll be ready. I mean Conway said he'd be ready to kick and next thing you know, he blows out his quad. The last thing we need is for SD to have a strained groin and then to really hurt it and be lost for a large chunk of the season. Any type of injury to one of our key players, no matter how minor it may SEEM, needs to be watched. Not many people around here were concerned about Conway and look what that got us.

Anyone have an injury update on SOS's finger? Did the trainer use an antiseptic before applying the bandage? We don't want him to get an infection. :laugh:

Well, I'll keep optimistic for now. Sprains can make you limp but usually go away and aren't noticeable during periods of heavy use. With the proper conditioning and treatment they shouldn't worsen.

We definately couldn't afford to lose Stephen. It most likely be the end of any playoff chances.

He is going to have 2 days to rest it before they resume practices. I am sure they are going to rest him and not let him practice this week. A slight groin pull will go away with rest in a few days. He will be fine for the eagle game. I worry about the long term effects if this becomes a nagging injury for him. After the niner game he better rest it for 1 1/2 weeks to make sure it isn't a nagging injury. I pulled my groin over 20 years ago and have been a Di-k ever since.;):rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not worried about Davis. He has proven over the years to be one tough S.O.B. Stephen plays through pain and a little groin pull ain't going to stop him or even slow him down. Somebody else mentioned his high ankle sprain a couple years back. That was a *bad* ankle injury and he played through it like it was nothing. He'll be there Monday night and even if he's hurting you won't be able to tell.

Another guy in the same mold is Lavar. It meant a lot to me to see Lavar running around last year on his high ankle sprain because the team absolutely needed him out there. This was during the same stretch where Steven Alexander missed like 8 games with the same injury. There's the difference between two real men who play through serious pain (and play well) and one big pu$$y who thankfully is no longer here.

Archived