Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were D. Snyder, would you really want new CBA??

timdaley73

I think if I was Dan Snyder, I would vote against the new CBA. It could hurt us for one year. But, 2007 will be a different story (no cap). Why give Millions and Millions to the lower market teams that don't deserve your money to be in an OK situation this year?!?!?

:point2sky

I think if I was Dan Snyder, I would vote against the new CBA. It could hurt us for one year. But, 2007 will be a different story (no cap). Why give Millions and Millions to the lower market teams that don't deserve your money to be in an OK situation this year?!?!?

....and a strike in 2008....no thanks!

New CBA allows us to be competitive this season, and the way he works the cap - does it really matter if there is one in the future? With coles and arrington off the books, and no ridiculously stupid new contracts, we'll be fine for all eternity, even under the cap.

He's worked with this cap and gotten around it for years with everyone saying we were going into cap hell year after year. Somehow....I think we'll be just fine with a cap...no matter how they try to lock him down. The man is far from being a stupid businessman, I'm sure he's got a plan.

Well, just keep complaining about those named jerseys you buy and then 2 - 3 years later they are gone. With a CBA, there will never be a draft pick that will retire a Redskin. Players will stay an average of 3-4 yrs. max. You'll have to cut your popular players because you have to stay under the cap (Does Lavar Arrington ring a bell?). It creates mediocre competition in the league. People worry about the small mkt. teams being out spent. Grenn Bay is a small mkt. (the smallest) and they won a few championships before any cap. Pittsburgh, how many Super bowls? The point I'm trying to make is that the championships get spread around. If there is no cap, that doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl for the Redskins. It means we can retain our players and create team continuity and being able to pick up an available free agent when nedded. Every team in this league will have the same opportunity and it will make the Bidwells and Browns in the league start invseting some money into thier teams instead of thier pockets.

So if you believe in being fair and giving the other teams an inheirited right to a Super Bowl and like seeing your favorite players being cut every other year, then yes, I guess the CBA is a good thing to have.

Snyder probably would enjoy an uncapped league, as would any owner whowill do whatever it takes to make his team great. However, if there is no CBA then there will more than likely be a lockout and no football. The risk of losing some "potential" money while still profiting is far better than risking not having a business and thus no profits at all. For this I'd venture to say Snyder would like a CBA. Not to mention Gibbs wants a CBA done, and Snyder is smart now w/ whom he listens to.

Absolutely Snyder wants a CBA. If there's no CBA, down the road players can go on strike, there's likely gonna be a lockout in 2008 and that means snyder won't be making any money because there won't be games. that means no ticket sales, no outrageous parking fees, no consession sales, and most importantly, no tv money. Snyder is going to lose alot of his own hardearned money to share with lazy owners if there is a new CBA, he he has potential to lose money if there is a CBA. Its either a lose/lose situation for him, or a win/win situation. it all depends on how you look at it.

With a CBA, there will never be a draft pick that will retire a Redskin. Players will stay an average of 3-4 yrs. max. You'll have to cut your popular players because you have to stay under the cap

I'm with you kingfish. Team/player continuity is vital especially in a "Gibbs-led" program. Parity, arguably, is just a term referring to bad football. Even if there is a strike in '08, it's not like we haven't seen 2 of those in Gibbs' first term, heck they only lasted 5 games (ok maybe 1/2 the season) until the two sides figured out everyone was losing and reached an agreement. And it's not like Joe does too poorly w/scabs either. Also, 'Skins/Boys is the best rivalry in football, if not all sports. Aside from this year, it has been a while since the Cowboy/Redskin games have actually meant anything for both clubs. Sure the Cowboy games are always a big deal for us, but I miss the days when the whole country would also get amped for those showdowns. Money makes the world go round (and it's not like Philly and the G-men are short on cash either). I'd love to see our division, especially us, return to dominant form and maintain a stranglehold on the rest of the league. We have a competitive advantage, we should use it.

Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!! Say NO to CBA!!

If you mean a CBA that has him turning over more money to owners who should sell if they wont market their team or provide additional revenue wth stadium naming rights then No I wouldn't vote for it.

As for the silly baseball comparison which everyone wants to use the Yankee analogy,

How many world series have they won this decade?

How many back to back world series winners do we have? this decade?

If a hand full of teams are willing to spend their money to win it all that is not a sin to me versus spreading our team owners wealth around so everyone is consistently mediocre.

Here is an anology... You and a group of coworkers have the same job and responsibilities... getting the same pay... But, YOU on your own decide to invest and work beyond the norm to increase your household income... Would you share your WEALTH with your coworkers?!?! HECK NO!!

....and a strike in 2008....no thanks!

thats what I was going to say. Its no way the NFL will allow itself to turn into the MLB. An uncapped league would surely cause a work stoppage.

It would be nice cause we would be like the Yankees of the NFL but as we can see, that doesnt always mean championship.

Here is an anology... You and a group of coworkers have the same job and responsibilities... getting the same pay... But, YOU on your own decide to invest and work beyond the norm to increase your household income... Would you share your WEALTH with your coworkers?!?! HECK NO!!

That makes alot of sense, and I truley agree. But because of the CBA, the NFL has become what it has become. (the League of all Leagues).

It has its pros and cons, but not one strike since the agreement. You cant argue with that.

Archived