Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA vs. MD

Spaceman Spiff

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have lived in both states.

Although I now live in MD, VA is a better state.

My wife and I live here because of our jobs, but since I am not working anymore (disabled) and the wife put in for a transfer to her company from the Gaithersburg office to the Fall Church office, we are moving to VA next year.

The biggest problem with MD besides the TAXES and GUN CONTROL is the POLITICS.

VA is definitely better. Spaceman hit the nail on the head when he said you can't buy beer at grocery stores....if you want to buy beer in Maryland, you have to go to a specific store. Now, California will always be better bc there you can buy liquor in the grocery store, but VA's on top of MD in that aspect.

Also...VA is a RED state!!! Even though we have a democratic governer, we are known for being republican...which I LOVE. MD is full of libs, and that would keep me from seriously considering living there.

woa time out! ok you do know that most midshipmen are now chosing the corp right? hell thats what im gonna do if i get accepted (VMI is my next best choice). the marines from VMI are just as good as the marines from the UNA, becuase hell they're all marines, the elite of the ground sea and air!

we eat barbed wire for breakfast, piss napalm, and can shoot a fleas ass from 300 yards hoorah!

Really? Then where does the Navy get all of its officers?

VA - possesion of unregistered Gun 5 year mandatory

MD - Slap on the wrist...plea out

VA - Traffic Nightmare all over NOVA

MD - Only in MontCo...WW bridge also

VA - First Time Homebuyers impossible to buy

MD - First Time Homebuyers better chance

VA - Cops are overbearing

MD - Cops are the same

VA - Gang violence is crazy all over NOVA

MD - Just plain ole stay out of the Hood

VA - Car Tax $$$

MD - Emmisions Testing every 2 years $13

VA - DMV Sucks

MD - DMV on wheels that travels the State (does it all)

VA - Ashburn - Redskins Park

MD - Fedex Field

VA - Republican

MD - Democratic

VA - Borders DC

MD - Borders DC

VA - National Airport..Dulles

MD - BWI

VA - People

MD - Citizens

:rolleyes: does it really matter....

Oh yeah you can buy beer in Grocery Stores in Maryland

In case you don't know not only are there soon to be marines at the Naval Academy but REAL marines. In case you don't know the Marines are part of the Navy.

Uh, just because the Marines are transported by the Navy doesn't mean they are a part of the Navy. They are their own branch, it isn't like marine officers have do what the Naval officers tell them.

But yeah I was wrong about the Naval Academy.

Uh, just because the Marines are transported by the Navy doesn't mean they are a part of the Navy. They are their own branch, it isn't like marine officers have do what the Naval officers tell them.

But yeah I was wrong about the Naval Academy.

Correct they are their own branch but report to the Secretary of the Navy and Marines are trained at the Naval Academy and stationed there.

I wanted everyone to get the full effect of the cesspool Chesapeake.

QUOTE]

The Chesapeake is in MD & VA.

The picture that you took is next to the port of Baltimore, which is an industrial area. I've lived in both states, and I'm gonna have to give a slight edge to MD.

You want to see a cesspool? Take your camera on over to the harbour in Norfolk, or near the shipyards in Newport News and post a couple of those pics....

I was born and lived in Maryland for 15 years

I have lived in Virginia for 15 years

I see no difference until you get 50+ miles away from DC as we mingle too much..

Then I'd say they are both o.k. Richmond/Baltimore Newport/Annapolis..

same/same.

I was born and lived in Maryland for 15 years

I have lived in Virginia for 15 years

I see no difference until you get 50+ miles away from DC as we mingle too much..

Then I'd say they are both o.k. Richmond/Baltimore Newport/Annapolis..

same/same.

Very good point. We've got a bunch of MoCo, Nova residents calling the other state redneck, ghetto, ect. If you leave those two areas, both states are. Aside from that, MoCo is better than Nova :D . I could care less about the liberal/conservative thing. That has no bearing on my relationships with my neighbors and you should probably think about calming down your political affiliations if it does for you. We're all people, we're all Americans, who cares if you believe in different political approaches. It bugs me to see people write that they could never entertain living in one of these states because it is liberal/conservative.

As a native Virginian, I thought that Virginia was the schnizit until I started dating a girl from Montgomery Co, MD. Spent some time over there, and found out that it was a lot better than NoVa. Especially the traffic.

So I vote for California :D

Archived