Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry Bonds Steroids book

HokieJ

Simple question - how come Bonds has never tested positive for steroids? The ones mentioned in this book are not, upon first glance, "designer steroids", so they should have been easily detected right?

Agreed. I may hate the guy, but until he tests postive (or pulls a Mark McGwire) it all heresay. For the record, i think he has done it - but that doesn't matter, its still heresay.

Simple question - how come Bonds has never tested positive for steroids? The ones mentioned in this book are not, upon first glance, "designer steroids", so they should have been easily detected right?

The testing policy until a few years ago was a farce. You could cycle on and off undetected, then do all the roids you wanted in the offseason.

More than any other sport, Baseball's stats are revered. Everyone knows the HR records of Ruth and Aaron. Likewise Ruth and Aaron are considered legends by sport fans everywhere. The chance that Bonds might have cheated his way to the pinnacle of sports heroes just pisses me off. If all this is true, his name should never be associated with baseball again.

More than any other sport, Baseball's stats are revered. Everyone knows the HR records of Ruth and Aaron. Likewise Ruth and Aaron are considered legends by sport fans everywhere. The chance that Bonds might have cheated his way to the pinnacle of sports heroes just pisses me off. If all this is true, his name should never be associated with baseball again.

I agree. It doesn't help that he acts like a dick either.......

Man....the writers of that piece got some primo juice on Bonds.....like they were right with him doing all of the injecting and battering that woman. That sure was some fly on the wall. Until he drops a positive result his marks should stand... just like all of the others who are suggested to have done the same thing..

There was nothing in the rules of baseball that said that he couldn't use steroids...it might have been morally and ethically wrong, but it was not illegal...and if you are gonna disassociate Bonds from the game, then line up McGwire, Canseco, Sosa, Palmeiro, Clemens and anyone else who played during the steroid era...because we don't really know since it wasn't illegal.

There was nothing in the rules of baseball that said that he couldn't use steroids...it might have been morally and ethically wrong, but it was not illegal...and if you are gonna disassociate Bonds from the game, then line up McGwire, Canseco, Sosa, Palmeiro, Clemens and anyone else who played during the steroid era...because we don't really know since it wasn't illegal.

Actually anabolic steroids have been illegal for quite some time. Maybe not specifically prohibitted by baseball, but illegal here in the good ol' USA

Actually anabolic steroids have been illegal for quite some time. Maybe not specifically prohibitted by baseball, but illegal here in the good ol' USA

I agree with you...so arrest Bonds...that will definitley stop him from passing Babe Ruth...you can't hit a baseball from "Club Fed"!

I believe this story is basically true. Virtually every slugger in baseball did steroids or HGH or something during this period because baseball was too wussy to test for it. Anybody really think McGwire and Sosa were clean? Raffi? LOL - Brady Anderson?

I believe this story is basically true. Virtually every slugger in baseball did steroids or HGH or something during this period because baseball was too wussy to test for it. Anybody really think McGwire and Sosa were clean? Raffi? LOL - Brady Anderson?

Not only were they too wussy, but they were happy that baseballs were flying out of the ball park because people were watching, fan attendance was up, and baseball was making $$$$$$!!!

Archived