Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs needs a hobby

MRMADD

Since everyone call LaVar a non- team player....why didnt he turn him around. Gibbs didnt go out his way to turn anyone around, they just want to buy in to a winning scheme. They did we won....

Gibbs has changed, the players are alot younger and the vets are a lot wiser..... most think business 1st. which you cant blame them..... But which will buy into the scheme...... Thats what a Gibbs guy does......

Since everyone call LaVar a non- team player....why didnt he turn him around. Gibbs didnt go out his way to turn anyone around, they just want to buy in to a winning scheme. They did we won....

Gibbs has changed, the players are alot younger and the vets are a lot wiser..... most think business 1st. which you cant blame them..... But which will buy into the scheme...... Thats what a Gibbs guy does......

I think People tend to mis-read into the character part that gibbs is looking for, thetend to think about street character, but there is that hiiden footbal character that gibbs looks for.

Well, ONE of us is definitely slow, MM.

Yes.

While you're doing a semi-credible job of trying to put a fresh coat of paint on this leaky ship, where you're having some difficulty is in that only one of us seems to realize it actually sailed about three weeks ago.

Feel free to scrape some barnacles while you're down there, however.

To indulge your fantasy though, because I'm just that kind of guy ... feel free to see my comments under #2 in my initial response. The part you've ignored.

Perhaps it was the sea foam in your eyes.

Amazing how many mixed metaphors you managed to lump into one semi-coherent response. Pardon me while I scrape the sea foam-covered, barnacle-encrusted paint from your argument. Wait! There's no argument under here!

you are apparently one of those sad souls that simply has no social sense and there is no way to explain it to you

Feeshta, only a child -- or a particularly pathetic form of internet troll -- needs to resort to personal insults. If you have an argument to make, make it. If not, please don't attempt to coach me on the social graces. You'll just embarrass yourself.

Took you 21 hours to come up with THAT? You're slipping.

Since you continue to evade, I'll ask again ... have you bothered to read the response I have to your initial question YET, or are you just about being MADD again?

Took you 21 hours to come up with THAT? You're slipping.

Since you continue to evade, I'll ask again ... have you bothered to read the response I have to your initial question YET, or are you just about being MADD again?

Take it easy -- I have to sleep sometime. I'm a 150 years old! Now you're going to make me scroll up? Did you say something good?

2) You ask if we think Gibbs "could tackle a challenge as large as TO." First, is it just me, or does that kinda contradict your earlier take on his coachability?

Oh no, not at all. He's coachable. He does all the right things on the field. However -- and this is the very point of this entire thread -- it would take a hell of a coach to turn around the other things. He needs a babysitter/priest/mentor/father figure kind of coach. I think Joe is that coach.

And second, I can almost see making a case for Gibbs maybe trying that eventually ... but not now. Only two years in to rebuilding this franchise from the ground up, he's still in the process of tyring to create a base line of professionalism and accountability across the board. He's made amazing strides, but he's not there yet. At least not to the point of taking on the NLF's current poster child for self-absorbed, team-disruptive behavior.

I'll buy that. Got another candidate? I don't think he's overwhelmed right now.

The impact of saying all the things Gibbs has said about team and accountability and professionalism and lack of ego and leadership and character and all that, and backing it up by risking public ridicule in letting guys like Coles and Arrington walk, would be immediately and seriously undermined by then turning around and bringing in perhaps the biggest "me" guy the league has seen since, oh ... Fred "The Hammer" Williamson.

This team isn't grounded or established enough in the Gibbs mold for that yet.

Funny -- no one thinks it's inconsistent for him to stand by Taylor. And it isn't. That's the mistake the media makes: if Taylor is accountable/professional/etc on the field and does everything the team asks him, then he fits the bill. If, on Saturday night, he goes out and hires four strippers to make a homemade naked rap video with him, he's still cool. Gibbs won't like it or watch it, but don't expect Gibbs to cut him for it.

So yeah, I think he "could" tackle even a major league lunkhead like TO, but I don't think he'd even consider it for this team, at this time.

Unfortunately, it's now or never for TO. He's old. This is probably his last real chance. He'll bounce around the league for a few more years, but as far as meaningful contributions to a real team go, this is it.

So yeah, I think he "could" tackle even a major league lunkhead like TO, but I don't think he'd even consider it for this team, at this time.

This is all that needs to be said on the topic of T.O. T.O. is in an interesting situation right now. His reputation is messed up; only teams with a strong locker room will take him on because otherwise you risk a break down in the locker room. Maybe T.O. will be on good behavior, but then again maybe not. Gibbs has created a team from the Redskin players. It's the first team we've seen here in a while; I think that if Marty had another year we may have seen a team emerge (that's just a guess though, it might not have happened that way).

At any rate, this team might not be cohesive or proven enough to handle a headcase like T.O. Before last year, Eagles fans were convinced their team was strong enough to handle it. Ask them this year what they think.

Oh no, not at all. He's coachable. He does all the right things on the field. However -- and this is the very point of this entire thread -- it would take a hell of a coach to turn around the other things. He needs a babysitter/priest/mentor/father figure kind of coach. I think Joe is that coach.

I know you do. But Joe does not, as he has publicly said several times. I happen to agree with him. For the reasons already stated. He just doesn’t fit a Joe Gibbs Redskins team.

I'll buy that. Got another candidate? I don't think he's overwhelmed right now.

Do I think Gibbs needs a “hobby?” No. I think you’re just being you usual endearing rabble-rousing self in a silly thread. :)

Funny -- no one thinks it's inconsistent for him to stand by Taylor. And it isn't. That's the mistake the media makes: if Taylor is accountable/professional/etc on the field and does everything the team asks him, then he fits the bill. If, on Saturday night, he goes out and hires four strippers to make a homemade naked rap video with him, he's still cool. Gibbs won't like it or watch it, but don't expect Gibbs to cut him for it.

Bad example. Taylor’s already IN the fold, not a prospective free agent coming in with a rep sheet a mile long. And Taylor was vetted within an inch of his life before he was drafted. You were around when the world questioned Gibbs about Taylor’s character, and he said openly, several times, that Taylor was probably “the most scrutinized player in history before they made their decision. Remember?

If you’re trying to imply that Gibbs should have cut the man after the ATV issue—for which he remains innocent by any standards of law you’d care to apply—or if you want to make the issue how well they did their homework in the first place ... feel free, but I think that’s not only tangential to what we’re talking about here, but classic MMQB’ing. And we’ve long since exhausted that topic, as well.

Unfortunately, it's now or never for TO. He's old. This is probably his last real chance. He'll bounce around the league for a few more years, but as far as meaningful contributions to a real team go, this is it.

Agreed. But that’s TO’s problem—100% of his own making—and, happily, not ours.

I think you’re just being you usual endearing rabble-rousing self in a silly thread

You don't think I really want to see TO in burgundy and gold? You're implying that I wrote something intentionally misleading on an internet message board?!? You've impugned my good name! Pistols at dawn!

I do think TO is intriguing though. All the talent in the world. He'd make this offense instantly better. He'd probably kill Mark Brunell before training camp's over and wrestle Santana Moss for the ball during a preseason game, but if Gibbs could corral that idiot, it would make for an amazing offense. Moss, Owens, Cooley out there catching balls? Portis in the backfield? Talk about giving defense coordinators a serious vaginal rash.

In the end, I think he may be a lost cause. He's coachable, in the show-up-on-time, do-his-job-perfectly sense, but I don't think he's going to be much help to any team he joins because he's such a little crybaby girl.

I tell you this, though: if he joined this team and became an even marginally good team player, that would be another Gibbs legend, like beers at dawn with Riggins.

You don't think I really want to see TO in burgundy and gold? You're implying that I wrote something intentionally misleading on an internet message board?!? You've impugned my good name! Pistols at dawn!

I do think TO is intriguing though. All the talent in the world. He'd make this offense instantly better. He'd probably kill Mark Brunell before training camp's over and wrestle Santana Moss for the ball during a preseason game, but if Gibbs could corral that idiot, it would make for an amazing offense. Moss, Owens, Cooley out there catching balls? Portis in the backfield? Talk about giving defense coordinators a serious vaginal rash.

In the end, I think he may be a lost cause. He's coachable, in the show-up-on-time, do-his-job-perfectly sense, but I don't think he's going to be much help to any team he joins because he's such a little crybaby girl.

I tell you this, though: if he joined this team and became an even marginally good team player, that would be another Gibbs legend, like beers at dawn with Riggins.

Can't argue with any of that.

Bummer.

Archived