Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virus Scanner

BayouBrave86

NAC, I downloaded that and sure enough it found the Trojan backdoor virus on my computer. I clicked the heal button. Does that fix my computer and take it off completely? I appreciate everyone giving links. Im not sure if I got the trojan off of my computer completely though by clicking the heal button? The scanner also found adware on my computer..anyway to get rid of that?

McAfee blows .....they detect half the stuff Norton does and they are suspected of allowing certain ad-aware to slip through on purpose in connection with AOL.........

Anyone affliated with AOL, INTEL,Quest, or McAfee can kiss my ***

If you love your computer you'll lose that crap and get Norton.......

P.S. AVG is the best SHORT term free scanner you can get........

should automatically fix them all.. check the log im at work now and have only recently started using it... it was recommended to me by a friend who knows and i am still on the trial version myself. Check the virus vault and i believe the website has help also.

McAfee blows .....they detect half the stuff Norton does and they are suspected of allowing certain ad-aware to slip through on purpose in connection with AOL.........

Anyone affliated with AOL, INTEL,Quest, or McAfee can kiss my ***

If you love your computer you'll lose that crap and get Norton.......

P.S. AVG is the best SHORT term free scanner you can get........

I am currentlty on my trial version and when my sub get close to ending i entend to buy. I removed McAfee right after i got my pc from dell on advice from a friend. I am using the firewall version and like it so far. It Found 2 viruses on my old laptop.

Alright, yeah a certain thing popped up for the Trojan but the other stuff it has just been detecting. I guess it has been fixing those though automatically since they aren't as big of a deal. What exactly does the trojan do? Delete files off the computer?

Trojan Horse IRC/backdoor.sdbot is what I had. Couldn't find the definition for that but some of the definitions says it gives a person access to files on your computer or the ability to see your computer? Scary stuff, is there anyway I could find out what was tampered with?

Trojan Horse IRC/backdoor.sdbot is what I had. Couldn't find the definition for that but some of the definitions says it gives a person access to files on your computer or the ability to see your computer? Scary stuff, is there anyway I could find out what was tampered with?

Not that i know of. I would sug downloading the firewall version which is what i did. Also if you have dsl see if your dsl modem has firewall capabilities if so make sure they are enabled or ask your isp to help you with that. If yours does not see about getting a newer modem like a 2wire or one that does and is compatable with your isp. That should help keep that from hapening again.

another thing to check is go to http://www.whatsmyip.net/ and see what it says your ip is. Then click on start-run and type in cmd, after you are at the cmd prompt type in ipconfig. if that ip shows the same as on the website you went to then you need to look into getting a router or dsl modem with firewall. If its thesame ip that means your isp is broadcasting the ip to your pc to the world. something to think about.

Oh now that I think about it, all of my bookmarks on Mozilla were gone. Do you think that could've been someone messing with my computer through the trojan? Or could it have been the fact that I turned off my computer without properly shutting it down a few times in the past few days?

Oh now that I think about it, all of my bookmarks on Mozilla were gone. Do you think that could've been someone messing with my computer through the trojan? Or could it have been the fact that I turned off my computer without properly shutting it down a few times in the past few days?

i dont think shutting it down will remove previous bookmarks. It possibly could have been a part of it. I am no virus guru just passing along what little i do know, and i know nothing of mozilla, dont know anyone who uses it and have never used it myself. Ill stick with good ole IE, works fine for me. Oh and dont take my word for gospil i have been know to be wrong once or twice in my humble life lol.

I think I already downloaded the non-firewall version. Is there anything you can suggest? Again thanks for the help, I appreciate this.

if you download the firewall version i am sure it will just upgrad or replace what you already have in place.

...and i know nothing of mozilla, dont know anyone who uses it and have never used it myself. Ill stick with good ole IE, works fine for me. Oh and dont take my word for gospil i have been know to be wrong once or twice in my humble life lol.

I've been using Mozilla's Firefox and Thunderbird for about 18 months, and I bet there are quite a few ES'ers using them as well.

I'm just happy that I can use my pc how I want to use it, not how Bill Gates wants me to use it.

However, as the topic is about virus scanning/protection, I recommend to all my friends and family AVG's FREE AV software: AVG Free

Not a full version, but has enough to protect the average user.

But really, anyone who uses a pc without av protection nowadays is just asking for trouble.

Archived