Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Arrington turned down 6.5million

You know, I have never seen such furor over a single player in my life. You would think he was Tom Brady the way everyone is talking. If you sit back, take a breath, and look at logic, he blew it. He had an option to stay, and he turned his back on the team and his fans. I have always had an issue with his salary compared to overall output he gave this team. We are going to be a better team without him. It's off the plate now, so let it go, and focus on the future of this team, and it doesn't include LA.

i get a feeling that Lavar will in fact accept a contract with another club for more than he got from the skins, I also have a feeling that he knows already which club that is and how much, after all who is going to give up 4 Million dollars to take a chance, a big chance, i loved the player at the skins, but now he is just another champ bailey or fred smoot

"There's no way LaVar gets the kind of money he'd need to break even with what he would have gotten to stay with the Skins, let alone more. That's why I said from his standpoint it was a dumb and impulsive decision. Again, classic L.A.

Even so, this may be a win-win for all concerned if you don't count the loss of $$$ on Arrington's part. The team gets some cap relief and gets rid of a guy that caused them at times to tear their hair out. Arrington gets to go to a team that may allow him to freelance a bit more. And of course his agents get to negotiate a new deal and hence a payday for themselves."

uh huh...and if he lands up in NYC where the endorsement deals are potentially very lucrative? at 27 years of age....he is very likely to get a very big payoff stretched over a 6-8 year contract. if this post is correct...it is tacit recognition by the Skins of their real dilemma: despite the pains LA caused they know his real value and that outweighed the personal issues. the Skins were boxed in by their own cap machinations/past contracting mistakes.

or maybe Lindsey truly is an arse LA can't stand and no value can be placed on tearing free of the man. I have moved on in my professional life when confronted by a-holes I couldn't stomach.

Great post!!!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone blaming LA here, with all the actions from the skins the past couple of years what would you do. A coach says no one loses their starting job to an injury, the contract disbute, the humilation in the papers because of leaked stories saying he is dumb and can not concentrate in a system, the entire screw up of his injury, and he is not the one that made his contract so unbearable, i hate to say this but Samuels is in a similar situation.

I know all of this was done before Gibbs, and he is just trying to fix the mess the best way he can, but you can not say the redskins themselves are at fault as well.

There were threads here last year trying to say Holdman was a better player then LA :doh:

Arrington could have restructered his deal, he didn't want to so that's it. He's banged up to boot. I don't know what you guys saw, but since I watched everything from the stands this year at Fed Ex and every away game on the "tube", other than a stellar game against the 49ers he didn't contribute that much. He's a heck of an athlete, but he just doesn't fit in the system (William's defense) PERIOD! He missed key reads when he was in on 3rd downs as well, so that is why they pulled him on 3rd down situations. So let the guy get a fresh start, we've got the defense we need. Arrington was expendable. Guys got a great motor and I wish him well.

HTTR!

Have you guys considered that this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with his wanting off the team? People say this is a gamble because they assume he wants more money. He wasn't happy here and he's already rich. Maybe he just wants to find a system he fits into better and not be a highly paid bench player?

But hey don't let that get in the way of a former player bash fest. Unlike Coles and the rest Arrington paid the team instead of just screwing them. I for one hope he find a place that fits him better.

Arrington is taking a huge gamble,if the CBA doesn't worked out he wont get a contract worth half of what he got here.

...yoooooo... what if dude left the team to clean room and then plans to resign for a longer term and save us even more cap......hummmmmm

We got nothing for LaVar's departure and he created a $10 million dollar hole in our 06 season by opting to walk on the team he called the "only franchise he wanted to play for".

On top of this, we have another hole to fill in free agency?

I call foul, I think there is going to be a lot more to this story than what has happened up to this point. WTF is LA not speaking to the media?

This development just plain sucks.

I don't trust anything from PFT. I gotta hear this from a real source.
I respect the right portis101, but does that statement contribute anything to discussion or this forum?
since it's PFT, yes, yes it is :D

Got to agree with Mr. Portis101, & Mr. bubba on PFT's credibility. PFT reported rumors that in the original contract, Snyder & Arrington were in collusion to circumvent the salary cap & suitcases of money were exchanged (how "Elvis shot JFK" does that sound now??). They also reported rumors that the only reason Gibbs returned was because his racing team was in financial trouble. Later it was to get his son a coaching job. They also reported Phillip Daniels was a "locker room turd" without any supporting occurences. They were so off-base they were obligated to print a retraction.

So yes - "(it) adds a lot to the discussion & forum". I don't trust PFT either. They are witch-hunters not news.

Got to agree with Mr. Portis101, & Mr. bubba on PFT's credibility. PFT reported rumors that in the original contract, Snyder & Arrington were in collusion to circumvent the salary cap & suitcases of money were exchanged (how "Elvis shot JFK" does that sound now??). They also reported rumors that the only reason Gibbs returned was because his racing team was in financial trouble. Later it was to get his son a coaching job. They also reported Phillip Daniels was a "locker room turd" without any supporting occurences. They were so off-base they were obligated to print a retraction.

So yes - "(it) adds a lot to the discussion & forum". I don't trust PFT either. They are witch-hunters not news.

his reacing team in $$$$$ trouble? LOL what do they know,gibbs is worth millions,if not hundrads of millions.

The man plays a game for a living I have so little sympathy here especially considering what happened last year while he was injured he was more or less the marionette of the Potsons . They distroyed his relationship with the FO by not doing thier job and checking his contract before signing it . They then went on to make more problems taking the issue to arbitation which futher drove a spike between Arrington and the team .

They did the same with Peterson in San Fran and the stupid thing is both players are comming off disapointing seasons following serious injuries and both are hitting FA at the same time reducing the market for both despite both players origional teams wanted to negociate with the respective players . It sounds Carl and his Bro are short of scratch and figure they can get a nice percentage of deals made in this bonza year .

The man plays a game for a living I have so little sympathy here especially considering what happened last year while he was injured he was more or less the marionette of the Potsons . They distroyed his relationship with the FO by not doing thier job and checking his contract before signing it . They then went on to make more problems taking the issue to arbitation which futher drove a spike between Arrington and the team .

They did the same with Peterson in San Fran and the stupid thing is both players are comming off disapointing seasons following serious injuries and both are hitting FA at the same time reducing the market for both despite both players origional teams wanted to negociate with the respective players . It sounds Carl and his Bro are short of scratch and figure they can get a nice percentage of deals made in this bonza year .

so let me get this straight,the player's agent signs the contracts,and not the player?

Archived