Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris to be released...

wilbur58z

...as well as Raymer and Noble according to the Washington Post.

Gibbs recently contacted defensive lineman Brandon Noble, cornerback Walt Harris and center Cory Raymer, among others, to inform them they would be released and thank them for their service, according to several of the players and their agents. The moves would be made regardless of the outcome of the CBA talks, the sources said. Quarterback Patrick Ramsey was not one of the players Gibbs called, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, and Gibbs said Monday that uncertainty about the CBA has put trade talks for Ramsey on hold.

La Canfora notes this at the bottom of a story on LaVar:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/06/AR2006030601071.html

wow very interesting day....

we lose lavar...we need another LB

we lose walt... we need another CB

and dont we want another WR and DE

where are we getting these positions... i dont understand what is going on in redskins park right now

Thanks for everything guys! Definitely need to draft a young CB to replace Springs down the road as I have said before and was posted by Portis&Taylor earlier in this thread. Good choice on a draftee by the way! Probably we should/will grab a cheap vet for the nickle while we bring the draftee up. R.W. would be good.

where are we getting these positions... i dont understand what is going on in redskins park right now

the draft and free agency. all teams do this.

Walt was a serviceable veteran corner, ideally suited for the three spot, but was noticeably on the tail end of his career when thrust into the 2 spot. He was making too much in light of our cap troubles, but I appreciate his contributions the past two years.

This is considered a risky draft for corners... along those lines, what do you think about Antonio Cromartie if he's still available in the 3rd? He's coming off injury but could be a steal in the late 2nd/3rd.

----------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-combinenotes022606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Another player teams are keeping a close eye on is Florida State cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who suffered a massive knee injury last season (torn ACL, MCL and hamstring) but still declared for the draft as a junior. Cromartie has superb size for a corner (6-2½, 208), and he'll be healthy enough to do all of his workouts Monday and right up to the draft. While it's not known how fast he can run now, Cromartie was extremely fast before the injury. He could have been a top-10 pick in 2007 had he gone back to school.

Because of the injury and lack of experience (he played in only 25 games in college), Cromartie is no better than a high-to-mid third-round pick at the moment. But if he can get a clear medical evaluation and show good speed and quickness, a team could take a flier on him somewhere in the second round, hoping he'll eventually develop into that elite talent most thought he could be going into his junior year.

----------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-combinenotes022606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Another player teams are keeping a close eye on is Florida State cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who suffered a massive knee injury last season (torn ACL, MCL and hamstring) but still declared for the draft as a junior. Cromartie has superb size for a corner (6-2½, 208), and he'll be healthy enough to do all of his workouts Monday and right up to the draft. While it's not known how fast he can run now, Cromartie was extremely fast before the injury. He could have been a top-10 pick in 2007 had he gone back to school.

Because of the injury and lack of experience (he played in only 25 games in college), Cromartie is no better than a high-to-mid third-round pick at the moment. But if he can get a clear medical evaluation and show good speed and quickness, a team could take a flier on him somewhere in the second round, hoping he'll eventually develop into that elite talent most thought he could be going into his junior year.

That report is just not accurate. Cromartie will not make it to our 2nd round pick, let alone our third.

If you have been listening to what Gibbs has been saying recently and also what Cerrato was saying in todays interview, it would be clear that this team thouroughly thinks through every single move it makes. Nothing they do is done without a lot of thought and planning.

The smartest coach in the NFL is making all the good moves. The players announced to be cut, are well, cut material. We need players who help the team to win, not to lose. I saw Harris get beat all season. I saw Raymer get his head knocked off in the Seattle game. It was a disgrace of a performance for a NFL player. They bowled him over like he wasn't there. We are looking for people who can help the cause. I look forward to seeing the replacements.

Archived