Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since Lavar is gone......

skull1669

\

LOL come on now get serious.

You should be worried about who is gonna be the vocal leader of the defense. Washington is to soft spoken to do that

I agree that I doubt the skins would sign Lewis, however, the defense has enough leaders currently, including Washington that the loss of Lavar will not matter in that department.

hahaha who do you think Lavar was? he didnt even play third downs. he is an injury milking joke

to all that dont already know: Lavar Arrington is NOT a good football player.

I took this thread to mean what players will replace Lavar. Lots of threads exist that talk about Lavar and his loss to the skins.

LOL come on now get serious.

You should be worried about who is gonna be the vocal leader of the defense. Washington is to soft spoken to do that

LaVar hasn't been a leader on this Defense in any way, shape or form for over two years now.

He's been very vocal on the radio, but not in the locker room.

Ray is too old, to injured and too much of a locker room problem. I live in Baltimore and listen to Baltimore sports talk all day long - Ray has done nothing but cause problems for them the past year or two. He's great when things are going well, but he's a problem when they are going poorly.

I don't want him. Get someone younger and cheaper if anything.

Or what about McCune :) BEAST!

IT won't be a big name, I guarantee it. If you don't want to be here, you won't. If you're bigger than the team, you won't be here either.

Gibbs & williams will find a player that fits their system, and sign him. Most of us will probably hate it because he won't be a "big name"

He'll be a big name by the end of the season, though.........

lavar being gone makes our defense that much more disciplined and now we dont have to deal with his attitude anymore

You people and this undisaplined stuff is sickning!!!! It's almost like you all know what defense is being run. Good grief!!! Also, how in the world would ya'll know if he is a problem or anything in the locker room....none of ya'll play for the team!!!! None!!!

I am very glad that this forum is a very small part of a large fan base, because this is crazy. But wait, just wait, it will be some other player next year and the year after that. I wonder what you all would say if good ol Marcus Washington got hurt for a year. I guess ya'll would be dogging him too.

Someone had said it before on this board with the way most of ya'll act...........why other than the paycheck would you want to stay in this area. I don't think I have seen such uninformed fans before in my life!!!!!!!

And as far as attitude............just let Clinton Portis have a problem with Coach Byner, or what about Sean Taylor!! Ya'll want attitude?!?!?!?!

Loosing Lavar is not as big a blow as we would have thought two years ago. He's not the player he once was. That being said, he was still our best option at WLB last year, as Holdman was incredibly bad.

I thnk they have been grooming McCune to fill that WLB position, or at least be a viable backup. Clemmons has been playing the strong side and is Washington's primary backup. I'd be mildly surprised to not see any movement it this position this offseason. Our scouts were seen talking to Howard the LB out of UTEP at the senior bowl. He would seem like a good fit at WLB for us. Big, fast, rangy, and known as good in coverage. I don't see Peterson as an option. Nice as it would be to have him, he's a Postons client, and his demands will be high.

Gambit, Marcus Washington already is the leader of this linebacking corps. You don't have to be a loudmouth to be respected by your fellow players and be a leader. See Art Monk.

lavar being gone makes our defense that much more disciplined and now we dont have to deal with his attitude anymore

One more thing, you remember those two games he got benched for Warrick Holdman.........you would think that with this comment the defense was more disciplined?? right, wrong!!! we lost those games, and the back side coverage from the Weak Side Linebackers spot was terrible.

You people and this undisaplined stuff is sickning!!!! It's almost like you all know what defense is being run. Good grief!!! Also, how in the world would ya'll know if he is a problem or anything in the locker room....none of ya'll play for the team!!!! None!!!

I am very glad that this forum is a very small part of a large fan base, because this is crazy. But wait, just wait, it will be some other player next year and the year after that. I wonder what you all would say if good ol Marcus Washington got hurt for a year. I guess ya'll would be dogging him too.

Someone had said it before on this board with the way most of ya'll act...........why other than the paycheck would you want to stay in this area. I don't think I have seen such uninformed fans before in my life!!!!!!!

And as far as attitude............just let Clinton Portis have a problem with Coach Byner, or what about Sean Taylor!! Ya'll want attitude?!?!?!?!

Dude, if you don't like our board, go Somewhere else. Why spread the negativity?

Loosing Lavar is not as big a blow as we would have thought two years ago. He's not the player he once was. That being said, he was still our best option at WLB last year, as Holdman was incredibly bad.

I thnk they have been grooming McCune to fill that WLB position, or at least be a viable backup. Clemmons has been playing the strong side and is Washington's primary backup. I'd be mildly surprised to not see any movement it this position this offseason. Our scouts were seen talking to Howard the LB out of UTEP at the senior bowl. He would seem like a good fit at WLB for us. Big, fast, rangy, and known as good in coverage. I don't see Peterson as an option. Nice as it would be to have him, he's a Postons client, and his demands will be high.

Gambit, Marcus Washington already is the leader of this linebacking corps. You don't have to be a loudmouth to be respected by your fellow players and be a leader. See Art Monk.

Ray is too old, to injured and too much of a locker room problem. I live in Baltimore and listen to Baltimore sports talk all day long - Ray has done nothing but cause problems for them the past year or two. He's great when things are going well, but he's a problem when they are going poorly.

I don't want him. Get someone younger and cheaper if anything.

Or what about McCune :) BEAST!

how bout with the abudance of d-tackles available, we go to a 3-4 set up.. clemons would be great as a OLB, with washington and marshall inside. griffin can be pushed out and then we could have a big run stopper like ted washington.

IT won't be a big name, I guarantee it. If you don't want to be here, you won't. If you're bigger than the team, you won't be here either.

Gibbs & williams will find a player that fits their system, and sign him. Most of us will probably hate it because he won't be a "big name"

He'll be a big name by the end of the season, though.........

I'll be glad when Gibbs and Williams so called get their type of players in. Hell you break the bank with your payroll and turn over 2 thirds of your roster in the 1st year yet your kind of players still aren't there. WTF? :doh:

Dude, if you don't like our board, go Somewhere else. Why spread the negativity?

Dude!!! This is an open forum. As long as play within the rules, my opinions are just that.

I didn't say that I didn't like this board, and if you don't like what I say, you may go to another board!

None of what I'm saying is anymore negative then what other folks say, none at all. Maybe it's because you don't agree, that you think it is negative. If you feel one way about something, I have to respect that on this board, plan and simple.

Archived