Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Warriors

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Dan Snyder has owned the rights to a DC area arena league team for several years now. There is talk that he may finally make good on his investment in 2007 to have the inagural season of "The Washington Warriors."

Although there are not many professional teams with the name "Warriors," there are plenty of high schools that have it (my high school mascot was a Warrior). In additon, warrior is a phrase that's overdone in movies and the media. The name "Warriors" lacks creativity and is a bit cliche`.

I think "The Washington Warpath" would make a much better name because it is not overdone, and it has a clear link to the Redskins because it is taken out of a line in our fight song..."braves on the warpath."

What do you think would make a good name for the team?

How would you market Warpath, as it is a concept more than a noun? I think it sounds cool, but it doesn't give you much to latch on to. Also, i think D.C. already catches enough flak over the 'Redskins' name - maybe they should steer clear of Indian based name. :2cents:

That being said, its still better than Warriors.

How would you market Warpath, as it is a concept more than a noun? I think it sounds cool, but it doesn't give you much to latch on to. Also, i think D.C. already catches enough flak over the 'Redskins' name - maybe they should steer clear of Indian based name. :2cents:

That being said, its still better than Warriors.

There are lots of teams in the AFL that use the conceptual names (e.g., Rush, Force, Rampage, Crush, VooDoo, Soul, Storm, Blaze, etc.). I think the conceptual names are more creative. Our theme would still be an Indian one. Nothing wrong with that.

There are lots of teams in the AFL that use the conceptual names (e.g., Rush, Force, Rampage, Crush, VooDoo, Soul, Storm, Blaze, etc.). I think the conceptual names are more creative. Our theme would still be an Indian one. Nothing wrong with that.

I stand naked in ignorance. Didn't really know that many AFL team names.

I thought this was addressing a possible name change for the Redskins. I nearly shed a tear just at the thought.

There is also speculation that he bought the rights to the Washington Warriros name in case he needed to change the Redskins name. I'm not sure how true that might be.

Washington Bullets. Or Washington Scalpers. (Capitalize on either source of un-PC-ness)

Heck, why not the Washington Scalpers-with-Talking-Sticks!

Bullets would be a very cool name. The Wizards franchise still owns the rights to it though.

Archived