Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd WR Option?

JMac

both could solve the problem for years because of their youth. either would need a big time long term contract

Your probably right. And if the CBA doesn't get done, both might be out of our range. But it would be nice to get 1 of the 2.

I don't understand why people are so psyched up about Koren Robinson...is it just because he was a good KR? He had one good game last season...why would you put him in the same class as a David Givens or an Eric Moulds or a Joe Jurevicius?

I understand he has God-given talent, but he has had that for 5 years and has had one good season. Last year was the WORST of his career, so it's not like getting off the sauce has really improved his game, either. He could pan out, but we are too close to being a major contender to gamble on a risky proposition like KoRo at such an important position.

As to the topic at hand, I wouldn't be adverse to signing Burleson if there was no compensation required for doing so. I like him, and I think he is very decent as a 2/3 WR. But not for a 3rd round pick. We could sign an extremely similar (or better) player and save our pick.

I posted earlier that we should go for randle el, i still believe this. However, I forgot that if a cba is not met nobody gets randle el. If there is no cba agreement, a player will have had to been around for six years instead of four. Anybody know what other WR's this will affect?

I think Antonio Bryant would be a good sign because he got 1,000 yards with Trent Dilfer and Charlie Frye throwing him the ball. which is not easy to do. He also will not be overly expensive like Randle El but may very well produce very nice 2nd WR numbers. Not to mention he is a bigger receiver (6-2) to compliment Santana. However, I don't suppose we could afford to sign him anyway because it doesn't sound like we will be able to sign anybody worth anything unless a deal is done.

Im very surprised in this whole discussion that there has been no talk of Kevin Curtis from STL. He has great speed, great jumping ability, is young, has produced whenever given the oppertunity, and wont break the bank. I know he is a little small, but I think he would be a great fit for this offence. I think he will be the surprise FA from this year who becomes a star soon. But who knows. Thoughts?

I don't understand why people are so psyched up about Koren Robinson...is it just because he was a good KR? He had one good game last season...why would you put him in the same class as a David Givens or an Eric Moulds or a Joe Jurevicius?

I understand he has God-given talent, but he has had that for 5 years and has had one good season. Last year was the WORST of his career, so it's not like getting off the sauce has really improved his game, either. He could pan out, but we are too close to being a major contender to gamble on a risky proposition like KoRo at such an important position.

As to the topic at hand, I wouldn't be adverse to signing Burleson if there was no compensation required for doing so. I like him, and I think he is very decent as a 2/3 WR. But not for a 3rd round pick. We could sign an extremely similar (or better) player and save our pick.

I would support my desire to get Koren Robinson because he might be the only skilled WR that we wouldn't have to break the bank to get. Getting Randel El would be foolish in my opinion. He only saw limited time last season so saying it was his worst is a bit misleading. He had 22-some receptions for 15.8 yards per catch. He has experience and has expressed a desire to play for the Redskins and possibly for cheap.

Burleson has a more disappointing 2005 than Robinson did. Wasn't he the number 1 reciever in Minnesota? He had 30 catches for 328 yards for a coles-like 10.9 ypc. Plus, Robinson to handle kick return duties since he went to the Pro Bowl.

First and foremost, we need a big possession receiver. I like Joe Jurivicius because, whenever I see a game he's playing in, he impresses me. Whether it be deceptive deep speed or coming up with a juggling catch on the sidelines late in the game in a crucial situation. Bryant is big, has shown something, but he has issues. However, Joe Gibbs can bring him into line. I think Gibbs would relish the opportunity to help Bryant, a wayward youth with a good heart, and he'd relish the opportunity to put a solid receiver across from Moss.

I think Antonio Bryant would be a good sign because he got 1,000 yards with Trent Dilfer and Charlie Frye throwing him the ball. which is not easy to do. He also will not be overly expensive like Randle El but may very well produce very nice 2nd WR numbers. Not to mention he is a bigger receiver (6-2) to compliment Santana. However, I don't suppose we could afford to sign him anyway because it doesn't sound like we will be able to sign anybody worth anything unless a deal is done.

Is he not the dude who gets into problem due to drugs!!! Jurvesius should be a good addition! But why does he not stay in one team for more than a season or two..

Archived