Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Restructures contingent on CBA"...

timdaley73

I have a question about these restructured contracts. All reports say that the restructured contracts are only valid if there is no CBA. My question is, even if a new CBA comes to life, wouldn't we want to keep the restructured contracts in place so we have even more cap space?!?!? Why are they only contingent if new CBA is NOT agreed to?!?! Why NOT just restructure and keep it restructured so it will help the team NO matter what?!?!

:point2sky

All the restructure of contracts and cutting of players yesterday will be reversed if a deal is reached.

I understand that yesterday's cuts have been reversed due to the extension. But, I did not hear anything about reversing the restructures... You have a source??

I understand that yesterday's cuts have been reversed due to the extension. But, I did not hear anything about reversing the restructures... You have a source??

Yes it is called the radio :)

Most of the restructures took into the uncapped year next year, well a new cba will void the final 2 years on the current deal so all of that is voided.

Now maybe they players will still restructure even if not needed, but we will see.

Because a restructured deal that takes an uncapped 2007 into account probably isn't suited to a new CBA deal with capped years.

The players don't want to lose money that they are already scheduled to make, so they restructured for 2006 a cap and a 2007 uncapped. These guys want to be here especially if it goes to an uncapped year cause they will make loot.:helmet:

Probobly one of the best question/answer combinations ive seen on here in a while lol.

Makes sense that because the contracts have to be different, and have limitations because of no CBA extension, so if it does get extended they would have to redo the contracts.

Archived