Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about 30% Rule...

fdarugar

Can we do this: Have Dan tell guys "look, we gotta stay within the new rules, so its gonna look like you're getting paid way less, but we're secretly gonna see that your wife quietly gets a job making what you'd make, and we're covering it, and then when this blows over, we're back to normal" :silly:

Or, Dan makes some legal agrement to personally, privately donate X $$ to their Private Relief Fund later. :D

This thinking is part of why I still get Birthday cards from laywers.

Thats crap...the NFLPA really botched 2006 & 2007 under the current CBA, well atleast in my opinion and now they are being completely unreasonable with the extension cuz they got jobbed last time.

The rules were designed to give maximum incentive for an extension

Somehow both the players and owners are going to take the poison

The rules were designed to give maximum incentive for an extension

Somehow both the players and owners are going to take the poison

Your right, this is going to be painful for both sides. But that was the point of the CBA language.

Can we do this: Have Dan tell guys "look, we gotta stay within the new rules, so its gonna look like you're getting paid way less, but we're secretly gonna see that your wife quietly gets a job making what you'd make, and we're covering it, and then when this blows over, we're back to normal" :silly:

Or, Dan makes some legal agrement to personally, privately donate X $$ to their Private Relief Fund later. :D

This thinking is part of why I still get Birthday cards from laywers.

so in other words, lets cheat, have no ethics and play outside the rules and that's ok? so lets have every team cheat in some way? and if you think this is ok, then why wouldn't other teams do it and pay more up front? cash today is better than a promisory note for tomorrow? why if the player gets injured? what's his guarantee that he would get paid by snyder in the future?

that's a pretty idiotic statement.

Archived