Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something seems very strange with less than 12 hours till Midnight

bubba9497

I'm sorry, Bubba. Go to any Chiefs message board -- Shields may have been a rumored cut, but only in case of no CBA extension.

That said, I hope you're right and I'm wrong about all of this.

All, I know is what I read about possible player cuts a couple weeks ago, I believe it was Sporting News.. I will try and find it

ummm the point jbooma, no surprises yet

the only real surprise was Pryce yesterday, but we learn today it's to trade for Abrahams.

Bubba, Shields was only going to be cut if there was no deal.

Here is more from KC:

Chiefs | Stills released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:08 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of LB Gary Stills.

Chiefs | McCleon released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:06 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of CB Dexter McCleon.

Chiefs | Barber released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:14:47 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of LB Shawn Barber.

Chiefs | Warfield released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:19:23 -0800

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have terminated the contract of CB Eric Warfield.

Lenny Pas is on ESPN radio soon...to speak on the situation.

He just said there is no chance for an extension before the deadline and free agency is going to be slow, players wont be able to get the numbers they want. The players are really slowing down the process and its kinda blowing up in there faces. He also said many owners want to "blow up" the current system.

Any reports that Lavar is going to restructure his deal? I mean the only thing Gibbs said was Veterans. I have heard nothing saying it is Lavar. That 12 Million could save us a lot of money and it might even patch things up between him and snyder/coaches. Arrington here for a long time?

Bubba, Shields was only going to be cut if there was no deal.

Chiefs officials have been discussing with Shields and his representative various scenarios to reduce his cap figure for 2006, the final season of his current deal. Shields is scheduled to earn a $5.1 million base salary, and is due a $400,000 roster bonus, and he carries a 2006 cap charge of $6.67 million.

Like many teams in the league, the Chiefs may have to make some roster moves to get into compliance with a 2006 cap projected to be $95 million-$96 million. The Tuesday breakdown of negotiations that would have extended the league's collective bargaining agreement, and the resultant likelihood that 2007 will be played as a so-called "uncapped" year, only makes that task more difficult.

Shields, 34, may have to weigh the advantages of staying in Kansas City, even at less money, against the prospect of being cast into an uncertain free agent market, one in which teams are expected to proceed with great caution and in which it could be impossible to meet players' financial expectations. Shields has deep roots now in the Kansas City community and leaving the Chiefs, the only franchise for which he has ever played during his stellar career, could be difficult.

espn Insider

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349660

Why do you care about Shields? Redskins would not be able to get him unless we release half our team

if you read the whole thread, and the point that's being made... it is clear.

no one is interested in signing Shields, just used him as an example of a point I was making.

Is the deadline to get below the cap still tonight?

no

Espn News breaking box says NFL delays start of free agency delayed 3 days. The Announcer said it gives teams more time to get under cap and give more time to reach a new deal. Espn news to have someone on to talk about situation soon.

5:13pm

Mort on ESPNNEWS just said that CBA negotiations have resumed on Thursday afternoon. That is why free agency has been delayed until Monday at 12:01am and the cut deadline has been moved to 6pm Sunday!

This has got to mean that the CBA will go through!

I love being right :D

Archived