Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

paul taglibue to adress cap situation at 10 am

paredskinsfan

this is some BS, as soon as we get back on track and we are looking to have a big offseason and an even bigger year next year they start this garbage. I've waited to long for our return to the top and now they are about to make it as difficult as possible for us to do anything this offseason.

Damn the Man.

Damn Him.

You did this to yourselves.

For the past few years, every time Cowboys/Eagles/Giants fans have mentioned the idea of "Cap Hell" to you, you've laughed. Danny's restructured and pushed his problems a few years back, and you've smiled the hollow smile thinking there was no such thing.

Well guess what? It's here. The Skins have lived by manipulating the cap...now they will die by it.

You get what you deserve. :cheers:

For the past few years, every time Cowboys/Eagles/Giants fans have mentioned the idea of "Cap Hell" to you, you've laughed. Danny's restructured and pushed his problems a few years back, and you've smiled the hollow smile thinking there was no such thing.

Well guess what? It's here. The Skins have lived by manipulating the cap...now they will die by it.

I disagree..I think the skins get out of it ok, and still beat the crap out of the rest of our division. I wouldn't want any other coaches in place for this position.

The point is anyone can strike any time they wish. The threat of an immediate strike, OR a PROMISE of a stoppage in 2008 if they don't get rid of the cap now would be a powerful component to add to the mix. The players will be hurt MOST in 2006 by no CBA extension. They have avenues to protect themselves.

You could not be more wrong. That is why you have not heard the NFLPA use the word "STRIKE" one time during all of this. Striking while under this would cost them every benefit they now have under it. It would be a complete disaster for the NFLPA. They have contractually agreed to perform according to the CBA. As another poster said, they would have a REAL sad day in court...

And who is your team? The Bungles? What have they ever won?

Because we maximized the cap space we had we are getting what we deserve?????? NONE of you who criticized us did so because you knew a CBA wouldn't get done. You can't find me one person that felt that way. If the CBA had gotten done we would be in perfect shape. Think before you type.

this is some BS, as soon as we get back on track and we are looking to have a big offseason and an even bigger year next year they start this garbage. I've waited to long for our return to the top and now they are about to make it as difficult as possible for us to do anything this offseason.

Damn the Man.

Damn Him.

Maybe it was a conspiracy?

Or maybe you just woke up from a nightmare, only to find yourself in the TWILIGHT ZONE:laugh:

That makes too much sense Art. Actually, though, this would force owners to "open the books" showing all debt, top level salaries, etc... which they probably don't want to do.

That would kill the Skins. Snyder has adroitly managed the debt of his acquisition and has spread the hit out over many years. Therefore the team is very profitable. He would be penalized for his strong management of the finances of the team and have to pony up a great deal more than another franchise at the same level of revenues (that is poorly managed). Perhaps the current situation needs to happen so that the "weaker" franchises will transition to Snyder-like owners.

You understand, do you not, that the cap situation is fine for us if the cap persists, and for years, we've laughed at you dimwits who suggested we'd ever be hurt under the existing rules of play. Now that those rules may change you suggest you were right all along, yet, it simply shows how you've always been wrong.

Because we maximized the cap space we had we are getting what we deserve?????? NONE of you who criticized us did so because you knew a CBA wouldn't get done. You can't find me one person that felt that way. If the CBA had gotten done we would be in perfect shape. Think before you type.

Tha is exactly the point thornwithin is making. by the way Snyder structured player contracts, he took a risk tha the CBA would be signed. It wasn't and now you are facing cap hell.

Tha is exactly the point thornwithin is making. by the way Snyder structured player contracts, he took a risk tha the CBA would be signed. It wasn't and now you are facing cap hell.
Let me reiterate,

"NONE of you who criticized us did so because you knew a CBA wouldn't get done. You can't find me one person that felt that way. If the CBA had gotten done we would be in perfect shape."

You understand, do you not, that the cap situation is fine for us if the cap persists, and for years, we've laughed at you dimwits who suggested we'd ever be hurt under the existing rules of play. Now that those rules may change you suggest you were right all along, yet, it simply shows how you've always been wrong.

Whichever Art, I'm not going to try and argue with you in your own house, because its futile. I have to admit though, we had a good laugh when you suggested the players should strike at 12:01 AM...that was nice. :)

Let me reiterate,

"NONE of you who criticized us did so because you knew a CBA wouldn't get done. You can't find me one person that felt that way. If the CBA had gotten done we would be in perfect shape."

So, we're not allowed to laugh at you (Which believe me, we're doing anyway), because we didn't figure the CBA going away would bring this about?

You've restructured your way under the cap over and over, leaving your team in a bad position. Now you're screwed...:D

I feel bad for Gibbs. He had righted the ship and now... well, hoping for the best but anyway you slice it, our roster is going to be worse than it was last year.

I'm afraid you're right...this is where we are going to see Coach Gibbs and his staff really have to pull some rabbits out of the hat...but on the bright side Thankfully Spurrier isn't still here.

So, we're not allowed to laugh at you (Which believe me, we're doing anyway), because we didn't figure the CBA going away would bring this about?

You've restructured your way under the cap over and over, leaving your team in a bad position. Now you're screwed...:D

Let me show you what you said, just to refresh your memory:
Here you take credit for having warned us of our impending doom (which I'm still waiting for) which you did not base on anything which has actually happened. No one thought the CBA would not be extended, and if it had been, we would be fine. As the saying goes, "even a stopped clock is right twice a day". Laugh all you want, but you had no more idea this would happen than anyone, which is to say "no idea" (and we still beat you twice last year ;) ).

I've noted in this thread, that being humiliated last year, especially during the "crackhead & twins" night, and then punted out of the play-offs, has really left you a bitter, little thorn :)

If you end up losing again to us this year, and I'm saying "if" :) , even after whatever happens now... :D

Archived