Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

paul taglibue to adress cap situation at 10 am

paredskinsfan

Ahhh, the deadline is still tonight. I'll believe we're moving onto an uncapped year when FA starts.... It's going to be an interesting couple of days!

There will be a $94.5 million cap this season (06-07) and uncapped next season... Not sure if you realized that or if you thought there would be no cap this year...

wow under the cap by midnight tonight???

I was under the impression it was by 10 PM tonight, but yes, you must be under the 94.5 million dollar cap by 10 or midnight tonight, and if you aren't, they start taking draft selections.

So the skins have to free up 17 million dollars in 12 hours.

It's going to be an interesting day.

Seems simple enough to me. Share net revenues :).

That makes too much sense Art. Actually, though, this would force owners to "open the books" showing all debt, top level salaries, etc... which they probably don't want to do.

Mortenson just said it's not just the high revenue clubs, but the lower revenue clubs who are also NOT in agreement with what the NFLPA are asking.Damn Paul just walked off in the middle of a question.

Yeah, exactly, the low revenue teams want Dan and Co to share all their profits AND they don't want to commit to giving any of it to the players! They want everyone else's money and the ability to pocket it instead of spending it on players if they feel like it. What a load of crap.

[From DCC...]

On 1310 The Ticket...(Texas radio)

Tags:

• The NFLPA has a demand on the table that is not realistic with our financial situation.
  • We are indeed deadlocked because of the excessive demands.
  • There is no need to have further deliberations at this point. This was agreed on by 100% of the owners. Talks are broken off.

Ok, so basically this is gonna be a tough year, I figured that. Now my question is, how nuts does anyone think we can go next year? I know we obviously just cant grab each and every player we want, but what WILL we be able to do?

If we finish 06 in the top 4, we can only replace the FAs we lose. We have a little more room if we're in the top 8. If we aren't in the top 8, we can sign any FA or RFA we want. We can have 600 mil payroll if Dan feels like it.

What Stadiums that owners build with their own money!? Most of the owners are getting public funds to help with their stadiums!

Examples include: Philadelphia, New York, Dallas, Arizona...

There are a few places where owners built their own stadiums with little public assistance. Washington, Carolina, Houston, New England. That's it! Only those 4 owners have any reason to complain about not giving players a fair share of $$$.

The owners don't want to have a high salary cap because they know they won't be using it all. Some have a legitimate complaint, but others are just pocketing the money that should go to players.

To get under the cap by midnight, we're going to need an unprecedented amount of cooperation from our players and, maybe more importantly, their agents. I think there's a better chance that --

A) We don't get under the cap immediately and get fined every day while we keep trying to restructure and/or

B) We are forced to do the unthinkable and cut a core player.

Damn!

To get under the cap by midnight, we're going to need an unprecedented amount of cooperation from our players and, maybe more importantly, their agents. I think there's a better chance that --

A) We don't get under the cap immediately and get fined every day while we keep trying to restructure and/or

B) We are forced to do the unthinkable and cut a core player.

Damn!

I don't think they fine you, they take away draft selections.

You're going to have to cut people. The old tested "restructure" strategy isn't going to eliminate 17 million dollars, although the developments with Brunell and Portis should help a bit.

Say goodbye to a bunch of our roleplayers...

No, I doubt that will be the case. I'm not worried about any of our main guys heading out of here. I'm more worried about our depth. I can see us having a strong team, but w/ all rookies as back-ups, lol. THAT is the scary part.

No, I doubt that will be the case. I'm not worried about any of our main guys heading out of here. I'm more worried about our depth. I can see us having a strong team, but w/ all rookies as back-ups, lol. THAT is the scary part.

We're probably gonna need a LOT of rookies the way its looking so far. Hopefully we can get it done without a major player getting released.

uhhh... our roleplayers are pretty much depth...

By roleplayers I meant guys like: Betts, Cartwright, Thrash, Chris Clemons, Ade Jimoh, etc...

Now before more people jump to conclusions... I'm not saying we're cutting these guys, but those are the type of players we will be cutting (in my opinion, which could mean squat.)

If I'm the NFLPA, I threaten an immediate strike at 12:01 a.m.

If no bargain is possible, the NFLPA should push for an immediate end to the CBA cap terms immediately, allowing both 2006 and 2007 to be uncapped years, which will immediately benefit their players. In return, they give the owners a two-year option to maintain uncapped years for 2008 and 2009, essentially retaining all key points of the CBA for next year starting now.

Otherwise, the players are going to take a beating on this financially. With limited life of an NFL career, it'll be hard to ever earn the money back.

Archived