Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In what cities/states do you think the NFL should expand?

AbleDanger

If the NFL were to have any more expansion teams, where do you think those teams should be and what do you think they should be called?

EXPANSION?!?!?!?!?

The NFL needs to have 6-8 teams REMOVED from the league, not expanded. I could see some team moving into the Los Angeles market but not a new team being created. There aren't enough high-quality players to fill out the rosters of 32 teams as it is. Never mind adding any more teams to further water down the product.

EXPANSION?!?!?!?!?

The NFL needs to have 6-8 teams REMOVED from the league, not expanded. I could see some team moving into the Los Angeles market but not a new team being created. There aren't enough high-quality players to fill out the rosters of 32 teams as it is. Never mind adding any more teams to further water down the product.

I'd like to see a team move to LA as well. Maybe the Saints or Cardinals?

Its true that the league is watered down. MLB and NBA suffer from this too. They also need to retract a few franchises b/c way too much talent is stretched out over too many teams. As far as hockey, well, just kill the damn league.

While I think that California has it's fair share of teams....how could the second largest city in the U.S. be ignored? LA should have a team.

Also, I think that the Pacific Northwest could use another team...possibly in Portland.

LA? Sorry, that had a team - twice. They just don't care enough. I like the idea of Vegas, though i would be worried about the heat. Middle America could use a team too - maybe Oklahoma City.

Portland is about as important to the NFL as Scranton, PA.

The NFL currently is at its maximum reasonable size. Talent is already thin enough, and New Orleans, Jacksonville and Arizona are stupid places to have franchises.

Texas needs another team about as much as Florida or New York need another team, but the Aints would have a better future in San Antonio than in Louisiana. If Los Angeles can step it up, they ought to get the Cardinals, whose home attendance was so bad it made even New Orleans look attractive.

I don't know what you'd do with Jacksonville, but certainly there's a city somewhere in the US that can manage to fill a home game to, oh, maybe 90% of capacity. (That city certainly isn't Oakland, which really doesn't deserve a team either.) There's no excuse for an NFL team to be below 95% at home.

Even Houston sells out at home, despite their team's very best efforts to drive fans away.

If a city can bring the fans, they're good for the NFL. Albuquerque? Salt Lake City? Des Moines? Oklahoma City? Sioux Falls? If they can put butts in seats, they ought to get the nod over cities that can't. The only state I'd rule out is Nevada. Not a good fit for the NFL.

LA? Sorry, that had a team - twice. They just don't care enough. I like the idea of Vegas, though i would be worried about the heat. Middle America could use a team too - maybe Oklahoma City.

Still though, it's a priority according to the Commish to get a team in LA as soon as possible.

And as others have said, for the love of God do not add any more teams to the league.

I'm not anticipating expansion anytime soon. I realize the talent is stretched thin in the NFL. I'm not factoring that in though. If Europe would get a little more interested in the sport, and develop a college program one day, then there would be a lot more talent available in the future.

Here are some thoughts...

Las Vegas Teamsters (for the history of organized crime)

Honolulu Volcano

Louisville Kings (The city was named after King Louis XVI)

Anchorage Whalers (something else to piss off activists ::laugh: )

Jackson Generals (The city is named after iconic General Jackson Parker)

Mexico City Aztecs (Mexico loves football, it could be a good market for the NFL)

Little Rock Whitewater (couldn’t resist)

Memphis Maniax :laugh:

Orlando Rage :laugh:

Idaho Redskins (with a potato as a team symbol. Confuse the activists. Is there really something wrong with the name? :laugh: )

EXPANSION?!?!?!?!?

Oh My Effin God, is this who I think it is??? Is this MSF from KFFL???? I can only assume seeing how you have your head in your ass :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

I could see Orlando being a good market, but not with a team in Tampa. (I could see an Orlando team pulling from Tampa and Daytona).

OTOH, the NFL (with the exception of one noteable team) really seems dependant on taxpayer subsidies. And I don't see Orlando deciding that they need to fork over tax dollars "because their city needs an NFL team to promote tourism and create an identity".

Oklahoma City has a professional football team, the Sooners. :)

I could see Mexico City making a lot of money.

Oh My Effin God, is this who I think it is??? Is this MSF from KFFL???? I can only assume seeing how you have your head in your ass :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

The One and The Only!!!!!!

(no applause, no applause, just throw cash. preferably large denominations)

Of course my head is in my ass. It's the only place I can keep it safe from having to see and hear the silliness/garbage that seems to be the world standard in communications these days, online and otherwise.

NO. What you will see is relocation.

Cities with Stadium problems:

San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Minnesota

Cities that aren't selling out:

New Orleans- this was before Katrina and it's now worse after Katrina.

Jacksonville doesn't sell out.

These teams are candidates to move.

RElocation will be the name of the game in a few years.

If Green Bay Wisconsin can have a professional football team so can Portland or Scranton or any other town in America.

Green Bay has what Portland and Scranton could not possibly have: over 80 years of rich professional football history, almost peerless fans, and Vince Lombardi. Green Bay is a modern-day anomaly: the one small-potatoes NFL town from the early days whose ragtag team never left.

If you want to compare those other cities with Green Bay, then make it apples-to-apples by imagining Green Bay as a city with no football team and no football history. Now try convincing the NFL to let you move a team there. Good luck with that.

:)

Green Bay has what Portland and Scranton could not possibly have: over 80 years of rich professional football history, almost peerless fans, and Vince Lombardi. Green Bay is a modern-day anomaly: the one small-potatoes NFL town from the early days whose ragtag team never left.

If you want to compare those other cities with Green Bay, then make it apples-to-apples by imagining Green Bay as a city with no football team and no football history. Now try convincing the NFL to let you move a team there. Good luck with that.

:)

Not to mention that the people of Green Bay share in the ownership of the team.

Archived